This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing issue?

I purchased DVDFab like years and years ago and never had issues but recently I can't install any of the new ones after 8.0.7.3.

I had problem ripping 127 Hours so downloaded the 8.0.7.9 Beta and tried to install it. And after about 99% done installing it gave me "program has stopped responding" error. So I had to press "Close Program" button. But after I press the button, I get the "What's new?" screen. But if I try to run the DVDFab then it'll crash again.

So I tried to uninstall it and install it fresh. While uninstalling it "crashes" again. But after I press "cancel" on "crash" it uninstalls. But 8.0.7.3 installs almost perfectly. There was one time where it failed to boot after I turned on my computer but after I uninstalled it and installed again, it worked.

So I tried downloading 8.0.8.2 today and tried to install it but, again, it crashed at 99%. Again, I've NEVER had installing issue for years. I don't know why it's doing this.

I have Windows Vista Home Premium Edition. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by rtbe25 View Post
    I purchased DVDFab like years and years ago and never had issues but recently I can't install any of the new ones after 8.0.7.3.

I had problem ripping 127 Hours so downloaded the 8.0.7.9 Beta and tried to install it. And after about 99% done installing it gave me "program has stopped responding" error. So I had to press "Close Program" button. But after I press the button, I get the "What's new?" screen. But if I try to run the DVDFab then it'll crash again.

So I tried to uninstall it and install it fresh. While uninstalling it "crashes" again. But after I press "cancel" on "crash" it uninstalls. But 8.0.7.3 installs almost perfectly. There was one time where it failed to boot after I turned on my computer but after I uninstalled it and installed again, it worked.

So I tried downloading 8.0.8.2 today and tried to install it but, again, it crashed at 99%. Again, I've NEVER had installing issue for years. I don't know why it's doing this.

Hi rtbe25,

You need to login computer as administrator to install DVDFab on Windows Vista.

Maybe you can specifically amend the shortcut properties of DVDFab to "run as administrator" to install DVDFab.

Anny

Comment

Originally posted by Anny View Post
      Hi rtbe25,

You need to login computer as administrator to install DVDFab on Windows Vista.

Maybe you can specifically amend the shortcut properties of DVDFab to "run as administrator" to install DVDFab.

Anny
      Thanks for the reply. But that's not the issue. I've never had problem upgrading DVDFab before. Always ran as administrator. But this time it always crashes RIGHT BEFORE it finishes. Something the installation program does last is causing it to crash. I think I read someone else on this board having same problem as me. Or at least sounded like it. So I'm hoping this is not an isolated issue so it'll get fixed soon. At least I hope the problem gets found.

I had DVDFab since Version... 5 I believe. And this is the first time I ran into a problem like this. Anybody else having installation issue? Maybe on Windows Vista?

Comment

Hi rtbe25,

Please run uninstaller of DVDFab8 to uninstall firstly, go to C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab, delete all the files under Temp folder, then reboot computer, redownload V8082 at http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm to install it again.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Hi rtbe25:
          Would you please post the internal log? It's very important for us, and we're tracking this issue.

Thanks,
          Potti

Comment

Install issue 8.0.8.2

I am having a similar issue. Tried uninstall and reinstall. Seemed to work until Key was entered then crashed again. I can install 8.0.6.6 without issue.
            Thanks for any help you can provide.

Comment

Originally posted by yvrhnl View Post
              I am having a similar issue. Tried uninstall and reinstall. Seemed to work until Key was entered then crashed again. I can install 8.0.6.6 without issue.
              Thanks for any help you can provide.
              Hi yvrhnl
              Why don't you post the logs that 1st!_Blood% requested from rtbe25?

The default location is:
              For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
              or for XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
              CBR929
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Log file attached.
                Attached Files

Comment

will not install ?

hello guys and girls i am havin the same problem as rtbe25 is havin.....i have had dvd fab for a long time also and never had a insallation issue...it keeps saying that the program has stopped working and i have to close the program !!!? i also have windows vista so i wood think this has sumptin to do wid it..... i did update adobe before i updated dvdfab today to the newest version dvdfab8.0.8.2 maybe that effected it ? but anyways i am not very happy about it and was hopeing u cud have it fixed and thot mif i let ya know about my same issue it could help so....good luck n keep us posted on how and if ur able to help us out !!! thanx

Comment

will not start

same thing hear dvdfab won't open, running windows 7

Comment

Guys, we need more info than just "Win 7" to start trying to track this down!!!

eg: "Home Premium", "Ultimate 64 Bit"...etc, etc, etc
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

And the most important thing: the dvdfab_internal.log, or else we cannot help.
                        DVDFab is the all-in-one software package for copying Blu-ray/DVD and converting video file.
                        http://www.dvdfab.cn

Comment

Originally posted by fengtao View Post
                          And the most important thing: the dvdfab_internal.log, or else we cannot help.
                          Post #8 contains internal log files

Also post #67 in this thread:

Hope this helps

Comment

Install issue 8.0.8.2

Log file attached. Running under Vista Home Premium SP2.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I started having an issue as of today with version 8.0.7.3 on Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 32-bit and so I tried to upgrade to 8.0.8.2. After the upgrade, the issue still existed with DVDFab immediately crashing on launch. On 8.0.7.3 it would show that the faulting module was shell32.dll but the faulting module was not reported with 8.0.8.2. To fix the issue, I went to Program and Features and uninstalled one of the updates that I had installed today when Windows Update told me they were available. After uninstalling KB2505438, DVDFab 8.0.7.3 started working again but I still have no luck with 8.0.8.2..

The dvdfab_internal.log does not capture any launch of 8.0.8.2 so I assume it is crashing before it can make an entry. The Application Event Log only shows the following:

Log Name: Application
                              Source: Application Error
                              Date: 3/16/2011 10:25:57 PM
                              Event ID: 1000
                              Task Category: (100)
                              Level: Error
                              Keywords: Classic
                              User: N/A
                              Computer: STUDIO
                              Description:
                              Faulting application name: DVDFab.exe, version: 8.0.8.2, time stamp: 0x4d803e75
                              Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
                              Exception code: 0xc0000005
                              Fault offset: 0x04896910
                              Faulting process id: 0x1198
                              Faulting application start time: 0x01cbe4530471fff7
                              Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\DVDFab 8\DVDFab.exe
                              Faulting module path: unknown
                              Report Id: 4553112f-5046-11e0-b737-0014d1142d31

Comment

Working...
                              X