Burner/Disc Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Burner/Disc Question

Im thinking about purchasing a Blu-Ray burner, since I have a Playstation 3.

I was thinking about getting the following one. The reviews have been good, and 10x is decent burning speed (I don't really care how fast stuff burns).

Also, I was going to get these Verbatim BD-R LTH discs. I've used Verbatim DVD's for ages, without burning/playback issues. These discs have good reviews, a couple people have said they have had issues with them, but it seems as if that was just a Firmware issue. Plus Verbatim says it works with the burner I want to buy, and the Playstation 3 (which i'll be using to play).

I was just wondering if this would be a good choice? Like I said, the reviews are good for both, but was looking for input from people experienced with this. Last thing I want to do, is buy a burner and discs, and have a bunch of flukes coming out. At $2.00/disc, that's something I REALLY want to avoid.

Also, i'll be using DVDFab to rip the blu-ray discs . DVDFab works around that Cineva protection correct?

71 Views and no advice yet?

Comment

Krukester: I don't what you to feel that you've been ignored. I previously left you a response on blu-ray burner on "Reliable Blu-ray R's" chat forum:

Originally posted by GadgetVictim View Post
      @btufail: Thanks for the info. I'll keep an eye posted, those Verbatim's BD-R should be out soon. Mahalo!

@Krukester: If you're in the market for BR burner, check out LG WH10LS30K:

I have one, and I love it. Can't beat the price for the punch. It's only about $90 (US) with free shipping. Also, has LightScribe capability.

So far, it works fine with the OQ BD-R I just purchased from Amazon.

Regard,
      GadgetVictim
      Also check out discussion on the Verbatim disc you reference on the following chat forum:

That particular Verbatim disc pack is a LTH type.... vice the other "non-LTH" type. Not sure what the specifics are all about on the LTH incompatbility issue. Don't think you'll have problems burning that BD-R with the LG drive, because I see that particular disc pack recommended and purchased by others at Amazon that purchased that LG burner.

Let me know how it works out.

Living Aloha,
      GadgetVictim

Comment

That's the one I was going to get! Looks to be amazing.

Now, if I could only choose between the Verbatim LTH and the Optical Quantum discs.

Comment

Working...
        X