Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
    @Steiner
    Why did you installed Codec pack?????!!!!! What do you need it for????!!!!
    Do you know that codec packs mostly creating conflicts in your machine and harm your machine? Unless some exotic soft, I don't know program you would use that have need in outside codec....
    In short, uninstall third party codec pack immediately and clean your machine (especially registry) well, with CCleaner or something like that!!!
    Not a 3rd party codec pack..... Look at the above post.

2. Download both "Catalyst Software Suite" and "AMD Media Codec Package" (Optional Downloads).

I was guessing that download both - meant to install both. Did I interpret incorrectly there?

Comment

No, you did interpreted it correctly. What you missing is a sense of extreme instability related to anything with AMD/ATI lable on it. It expressed everywhere on this forum...
      I do feel sorry for all ATI cards owners. These cards are great in gaming, or like just a videocard, but in parallel computing they are suck!!! Which leaves you without option of acceleration. Same applies on other products - Codec Pack, etc.
      As a general rule - please avoid codec pacs or soft that requires them. In a sense it's like virus - being "generic" and applicable to everything, these codecs installed deep in registry with great accessibility, and tangle all other programs you have installed...
      sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
      For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Understood - It has been a while since I have done anything with AMD. Should have researched it more. Oh well. I can deal with slower speeds -- will just set things to encode overnight. I still love the DVDFab suite. And - I wouldn't have installed that codec pack if the page didn't specifically state to install it.

I will wait for an answer on the 2Pass issue.

I did try setting the decoding to ATI Stream - and it worked this time. I am encoding a blu-ray I ripped a little while ago and I am converting the video at about 13fps.
        Last edited by Steiner; 05-23-2011, 02:44 AM.

Comment

@steiner
          your post is sween'n'sour! It makes me cry...
          I'm happy that you can process your videos... However, comparing to my ~70 fps processing speed with my nVidia (CUDA) card...
          sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
            @steiner
            your post is sween'n'sour! It makes me cry...
            I'm happy that you can process your videos... However, comparing to my ~70 fps processing speed with my nVidia (CUDA) card...
            LOL - No kidding. I was getting faster encoding speeds out of my old gaming laptop (SLI GTX280M)....

CUDA has been around for years - why hasn't anything comparable? I just kind of assumed that there would be...

Comment

Originally posted by Steiner View Post
              CUDA has been around for years - why hasn't anything comparable? I just kind of assumed that there would be...
              I don't have answer for this one
              sigpic

Comment

I do. Even CUDA has been known to cause problems !!!

IMHO, I will not use ANY video card enhancement because, if I do, I am then reliant upon the ineraction between the software and the video drivers (support of which has been very ordinary, to be nice!!)
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                X