DDVfab single user license and number of install's question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

License/Key DDVfab single user license and number of install's question

I want to confirm my concerns regarding the DVDfab single user license and installing purchased software on multiple computers.

I first want to inquire if any of the forums moderators or site admin is affiliated with official support? I want to ensure my response is creditable.

And on to my main issue, the verbiage on the DVDfab site isnt very clear and should defiantly be updated to clarify on this issue as there are lots of discussions on the forums regarding the same issue.

The single user license, from states

"A Single-User License permits the purchaser to install the software on a single computer for use by a single user."

The FAQ goes on to expand
    "Can I register on two computers with Single-User License?

Yes, the Single-User License can be used on two machines at most. It can not work on the third computer."

That last statement is what is misleading or confusing. Just by reading lots of other posts on the forums I am guessing that what the DVDfab developers mean is that a single user license .. that key.. can be used on ANY two machines at the same time but not three or else they run the risk of being blacklisted. But that a user can stop using/uninstall/remove dvdfab from those first two computers and continue to use the products on new computers they choose to use... is that correct?

ie. i use dvd fab on my two home computers, i buy two new home computers, i uninstall dvdfab on my two original computers/ stop using those computer and install dvdfab on my new computers... this is ok ... correct?

Fengtao is on vacation and the office is lightly staffed, so you will have to wait for the "official" answer that you have demanded. The moderators and I are all volunteers, not employees. You might also read the EULA that installs with the software.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

no problem, im happy to wait

Comment

any idea when he will be back?

Comment

NFI
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

he posted this new thread today so hopefully he will respond. I cant seem to be able to send him a pm though ..

is anyone able to message Fengtao to see if he can comment on my question?

im waiting to active my new key until this is answered
            Last edited by Guest; 12-29-2011, 09:34 PM. Reason: 3 post merged

Comment

That is your choice. As I indicated, don't get in a rush for this during this time of year.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm also waiting to activate my key and agree that a little clarification on the site would increase customer confidence in the products - and probably increase conversions.

I'm afraid I'll have to install to a VM or something weird like that because my "lifetime" software can only be activated once. It would be unusual for the video enthusiasts that purchase this software to not be allowed to upgrade their hardware, which why I'm hoping for a reasonable response in the near future.

Also - from a customer service point of view - this is exactly the time of year when people expect responses, because they are opening their pocketbooks. I know moderators aren't the same as paid support, and I appreciate what you guys do, but to neglect customer service during the holiday isn't common in most commercial environments. If you or any other mod think this can be escalated by going directly to support, please indicate so.

That said, I think the products are great and I'm eager to activate them!

Comment

Hi there, i questioned this aswell when i first got dvdfab. They told me you can have the program installed only only 2 pc's at any given time, but you can install it as many times as you need. as in redo you pc, build i new one. as long as you only have it installed on 2 pc's total at any given time you are in the green. This also goes for any updates, as in life time subs as long as you only use that 1 key. other wise you'll need to purchase another key to use a 3rd/4th pc.

Comment

Working...
                  X