• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expired?

When I attempt to copy a movie using Windows 7 I get a popup saying
    "The DVD to DVD Option Has Expired"
    Please buy or renew it at www. etc.
    It still works fine in XP. I tried uninstalling completely and reinstalling a number of times.
    Anyone have any ideas?

When you transfered over did you also transfer your registration key? Also, what version are you using?
    Chris

Comment

like Chris mentioned need more info as to what you was using

Was you using the 30 day free trial

or was you using a paid version where you have a key to enter

Comment

Nothing was transferred. Installed FAB on a clean Windows 7 32Bit install in Oct. and FAB has worked fine until now. I burned one movie and this incident occurred on the second movie.
        Using Newest version- 6.2.0.5

Edit: I've had a paid subscription for several yrs.

Comment

Hi Tyree,

It's still not clear as to what happened ?
          Did you enter the Fab regkey on your new win 7 install.
          And if yes, what happened....
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

The key was entered when I installed FAB. It has worked up until yesterday.

Comment

Sorry, forgot to ask...
              When did you purchase your key and how long was the subscription to run?

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Have you entered your registration key or not on the new installation?

If so how did you enter it? Have a read of my "Registration Key Problems" thread in the "Answers to Common Questions" sub-forum.

Is it a PAID or FREE version?

That is not clear from your posts.

Please try to give enough detail and be precise.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Couldn't say precisely when the key was purchased. I've used Fab for several yrs.

Comment

Well, win 7 came out around Oct 22 or so...I think that's when I installed it in my new rig.
                    Anyway, is it possible that you've been in trial mode and didn't know it?
                    You would have had all the functionalty of the retail app. and it would have been just about 30 days.

Comment

Well, if you bought a 2 year subscription, it may have run out.
                      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I have not been in Trial Mode. I installed 7 on Oct. 23 and I activated Fab when I installed it.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                          The subscription still works in XP. I copied 3 movies this morning with no issues.

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                            Hey Greg, maybe I'm missing something, but I'm pretty sure he's a lifer.
                            A 2 year subscription couldn't have started prior to May 8, 2008 when Fengtao stopped grandfathering all the previous purchases.
                            Unless he bought a 1 year sub and his memmory is even worse than mine...

Comment

Originally posted by Tyree View Post
                              I have not been in Trial Mode. I installed 7 on Oct. 23 and I activated Fab when I installed it.
                              I'm really stumped here.
                              For starters, what I would do is retrieve a new regkey from:

and enter the regkey again

Comment

Working...
                              X