No announcement yet.

Rip to HD not DVD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most players will not play this type of content. You need to use the Ripper Module and rip to either an AVI or MKV.

Read your player's manual to see compatible formats.

You will need invest some time in learning about this. It ain't just Plug & Pray...
    Last edited by CBR929; 04-23-2012, 03:06 PM.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hi papaboy
      As my friend said read your manual to find available formats.
      I used the DVD Ripper function in Fab.
      If you do not have the manual what is the make and model number or your player?
      CBR929
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Sorry I took so long to reply. I did check my manual and it accepts Fat32 which is the same format as my flash drive.

I noticed you use DVD Ripper. Which app do you use and if you don't mind, please explain the process. Thanks

Comment

Hi papaboy
          First I copied the movie to my HDD with Fab using DVD Copy, Main Movie DVD9
          Then I opened Fab went to DVD Ripper, chose Generic, my source was the folder I had just copied to HDD, target was another folder on HDD.

I then chose the generic.avi.divx.audiocopy profile in the drop down box near the bottom.

Clicked start, let it finish then opened the new folder right clicked copy navigated to my flash drive in my computer, clicked paste within a few minutes it was done put it in Blu-Ray players USB port and watched the movie.

The only reason that I had picked the profile that I did is because my player supports DIVX files, that is why I had asked for your player and model so we can find out what it will play.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Thanks. I'll give it a try. Do you use the VSO or DvdFab burining engine?

Comment

Originally posted by papaboy View Post
              Thanks. I'll give it a try. Do you use the VSO or DvdFab burining engine?
              Hi papaboy
              Neither, I use ImgBurn as my burn engine when I am burning to disc, but that does not come into play when using the Ripper option, only burning to disc.

If you want to use ImgBurn to burn to disc, you will find instructions in the link in my signature on how to set it up with Fab.
              Remember to set up the AWS in ImgBurn and the write speed to 1/2 the max of your disc.
              CBR929

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                Hi papaboy
                First I copied the movie to my HDD with Fab using DVD Copy, Main Movie DVD9
                Then I opened Fab went to DVD Ripper, chose Generic, my source was the folder I had just copied to HDD, target was another folder on HDD.

I then chose the generic.avi.divx.audiocopy profile in the drop down box near the bottom.

Clicked start, let it finish then opened the new folder right clicked copy navigated to my flash drive in my computer, clicked paste within a few minutes it was done put it in Blu-Ray players USB port and watched the movie.

The only reason that I had picked the profile that I did is because my player supports DIVX files, that is why I had asked for your player and model so we can find out what it will play.
                CBR929
                Good Morning CBR929:

I followed your instructions and all proved to be successful. However, the conversion process using the generic.avi.divx.audiocopy profile, was taking forever and a day. After about 45 minutes, only 7% of the files had been written and the time remaining was 1 hour,27 minutes. At this point, I canceled the conversion and exited the program.

How long does it take for you? Maybe my PC is too slow.

Comment

Hi papaboy
                  There are a lot of factors that come into play.

Settings in Fab, CPU, file size, format you are converting to ...

I have a dual core 2.7 GHZ AMD processor, settings in Fab set to software, fast encoding 1 pass.

You may have a better format that you can convert to, that is why I asked you for the name and model # of your player, so that I can search it to find compatible formats.

Converting time can take the full running time of the movie.

You can also try copying just a few chapters of the movie, using DVD Copy, Main Movie, title start/ end settings to convert to a format that your player supports to find the best settings.
                  Hope this helps
                  CBR929

Comment

My PC has an Intel(R)Pentium(R) 4 CPU, 1.80GHZ. My DVD Player is a Pioneer DV-410-K which will play back DivX along with many others. Check it out. I would still like to know how long it takes you process via the DVD Ripper.
                    Papaboy

Comment

papaboy, a single core P4 at 1.8 is going to be very slow. I have an older and not particularly fast quad core and just completed the movie HOP using your method in just over 20 minuets.
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

I want to thank all who helped with my problem. Moderator CBR929 provided the step by step process to rip, burn and copy to a flash drive. However, since it seemed forever to rip only 7% of the movie using DVD Ripper, I must accept moderator 90312 analysis that my PC's CPU chip is too slow.

Again, thanks to all for your help.
                        Papaboy

Comment

papaboy if your drive controller has reverted to PIO only mode it will be very very slow reading from the drive. Open DVDFab and click the green circle at the top with the white check mark in it and press the "reset DMA" button. You may have to restart your computer. If it is in PIO mode and that resets it to DMA it will speed this up a bunch. See attachment:
                          Attached Files
                          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                          Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi papaboy
                            Glad to help, sorry your not getting the speed you wished for.
                            CBR929

EDIT Also make sure your settings in Fab are set like mine using all software, see pic
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by CBR929; 04-30-2012, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                            X