Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of picking up a new BluRay burner what do u reccommend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pioneer works great for me

If you are using Optical Quantum BR media you may want to try the Pioneer BDR-207DBK which is rated (by OQ) for 8X or 10X write speed on 4X media. I don't normally use it at that speed but I've tried it and it works. BTW, OQ has some 6X BR media out that I've had some problems with - stick to the
    4X media which comes from a different place and seems to be more reliable.

Comment

I have both... a Sony and an LG WH12LS40 which I got thru New Egg. The Sony died in 10 months originally being used solely as my reader/writer. I just purchased the LG WH12LS40 from NewEgg again and am using the Sony as a reader (still works as a reader) and now the LG as my burner. I have been very happy with the LG as my burner. I purchased it based on a recommendation from a friend who has bought his the same time as I bought my Sony, and his is still running fine. He uses it as a reader/writer also.

My reasoning to use the two has been on recommendations from this forum to reduce the wear and tear on the laser in the burner, and I have found that it is true.

I was very disapointed with the Sony....but NewEgg definetly has the best prices and service.
      "Are you still master of your domain?"
      Cosmo Kramer

Comment

Working...
      X