HELP - DVDFab with DVDMASSRIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP - DVDFab with DVDMASSRIP

I have a sony vaio 200 disc carousel that connect through firewire - I am trying to make this work through dvdmassrip - pointed to DVDFab in the config file. - this uses the command line. I am very close to getting this working - my biggest problem is creating unique names, otherwise the ripped "DVD_VIDEO" will get overwritten several times during the course of 200 discs. I end up with around 140 successful rips -

If someone could help with a .bat that would cycle that would be even better, but I believe the problem there is getting the vaio to advance to the next disc.

The information on DVDMASSRIP can be found here -

There is a good chance I am over complicating this -

In Short - I need to be able to rip 200 discs to ISO (dvd9) using DVDFab using my Sony Vaio VGP-XL1B2

Hi,

What version of Windows you using?

Kevin

Comment

DVDFab Passkey in combination with ImgBurn. The later supports some of those machines.

Comment

Win7 64

Sees the carousel fine - Click "Init" on DVD Mass RIp- No Proble - Start - spins the carousel - loads disc 1 - launches dvdfab - then wait - seems like it is possibly timing out at about 2 minutes - and going to the next disc without ripping anything.

Comment

Hi,

Windows 7 x64. Good then I won't be using Windows commands you don't have.
          I have been working on a Windows batch file to be run from DVD Mass rip program. I Hope. The batch file is over 700 lines now. I just keep adding new functions and checks to be sure is does not just stop working(example: space in the file name or directory). Then I test. Find issues and fix them. I hope to have it done soon.

Batch file will except 2 parameters passed to it.
          Rip DVDs.
          Making sure the output file names are not duplicated.

Start - spins the carousel - loads disc 1 - launches dvdfab - then wait - seems like it is possibly timing out at about 2 minutes - and going to the next disc without ripping anything.
          You could look in the dvdfab_internal.log
          C:\Users\%username%\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          To see if there is a issue.

When DVD is loaded in carousel drive does Windows see it?

DVD Mass rip
          In the dvdMassRippApp.exe.config file
          Code:
          <setting name="RipArgsIso" serializeAs="String">
             <value>/MODE "MAINMOVIE"/SRC __SRC__ /DEST "__RIP_PATH__\__UNIQUE_ISO_NAME__.iso" /OUTDISC "DVD9" /CLOSE</value>
          </setting>
          This is the minimum parameters I have used via command line to rip "mainmovie" from DVD to .iso file.

Thanks,
          Kevin

Comment

Kevin,

thank you soo much for your help with solving this problem. I don't have access to the rip machine right now - I hope to be in front of it this weekend - I will see if there is something in the log (I was unaware of this log - so thank you!) Windows will see the disc and they play fine through Windows Media Center - It seems to be something with DVDFab when it is looking for the dvd name or something? - when you first put a disc in and it is opening - but before you can change any settings - that is where it seems to time out. I will post back what I find in the Log -

Comment

Here are the most recent log - DVDFAB INTERNAL LOG - Looking at the time (roughly 3 minutes) it is not doing anything with the dvd.

DVDFab 8.1.5.9 (2012/08/02 22:05:47)

0m 00.65s: Qt Translator file load success
              0m 00.68s: Load config successful.
              0m 00.81s: Init profile data driver sucessful.
              0m 02.48s: Init GPU settings sucessful.
              0m 02.48s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2dvd 1 file2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
              0m 02.48s: dvd2dvd:dvd2mobile:blu-ray2blu-ray:blu-ray2mobile:blu-ray23d:blu-ray2dvd:file2mobile:file2dvd:file2bluray:
              0m 02.66s: Config ExBar successful.
              0m 02.66s: dvd2dvd have 8 elements.
              0m 02.77s: dvd2mobile have 28 elements.
              0m 03.35s: blu-ray2blu-ray have 4 elements.
              0m 03.38s: blu-ray2mobile have 17 elements.
              0m 03.72s: blu-ray23d have 7 elements.
              0m 03.85s: blu-ray2dvd have 1 elements.
              0m 03.88s: file2mobile have 27 elements.
              0m 04.44s: file2dvd have 1 elements.
              0m 04.46s: file2bluray have 1 elements.
              0m 04.69s: Config work ui controls successful.
              0m 04.82s: Init burn engine successful.
              0m 04.85s: StartNotify successful.
              0m 05.14s: detected dvd
              0m 05.18s: drive G
              0m 05.18s: dvd type 1
              0m 05.18s: volume label GLIMPSEOFHELL
              0m 29.69s: detected dvd
              0m 29.77s: drive G
              0m 29.77s: dvd type 1
              0m 29.77s: volume label GLIMPSEOFHELL
              0m 30.09s: got copyright 1 fe
              0m 30.98s: got udf/iso
              0m 32.12s: got discinfo
              0m 32.12s: pathplayer enabled
              0m 53.71s: got dvdinfo
              0m 53.71s: opened dvd

DVDFab 8.1.5.9 (2012/08/02 22:08:27)

0m 00.68s: Qt Translator file load success
              0m 00.70s: Load config successful.
              0m 00.82s: Init profile data driver sucessful.
              0m 02.48s: Init GPU settings sucessful.
              0m 02.48s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 bd2mobile 1 bd23d 1 bd2dvd 1 file2dvd 1 file2bluray 1 file2mobile 1 filemover 1
              0m 02.48s: dvd2dvd:dvd2mobile:blu-ray2blu-ray:blu-ray2mobile:blu-ray23d:blu-ray2dvd:file2mobile:file2dvd:file2bluray:
              0m 02.66s: Config ExBar successful.
              0m 02.66s: dvd2dvd have 8 elements.
              0m 02.77s: dvd2mobile have 28 elements.
              0m 03.38s: blu-ray2blu-ray have 4 elements.
              0m 03.40s: blu-ray2mobile have 17 elements.
              0m 03.75s: blu-ray23d have 7 elements.
              0m 03.88s: blu-ray2dvd have 1 elements.
              0m 03.91s: file2mobile have 27 elements.
              0m 04.49s: file2dvd have 1 elements.
              0m 04.50s: file2bluray have 1 elements.
              0m 04.75s: Config work ui controls successful.
              0m 04.88s: Init burn engine successful.
              0m 04.91s: StartNotify successful.
              0m 05.79s: detected dvd
              0m 05.82s: drive G
              0m 05.82s: dvd type 1
              0m 05.82s: volume label HELLBOY
              0m 30.35s: detected dvd
              0m 30.38s: drive G
              0m 30.38s: dvd type 1
              0m 30.38s: volume label HELLBOY
              0m 30.62s: got copyright 1 fe
              0m 31.71s: got udf/iso
              0m 34.02s: got discinfo
              0m 34.02s: pathplayer enabled

Comment

Hi,

Looking at the log. Everything looks fine. DVDfab a little dated. But fine.

When you test again watch DVDFab Window after it opens. See if DVDFab is processing the DVD.

Maybe it is waiting on Region of Disc prompt box. That caught me in the past.

To set the disc region:
                Open DVDFab with run as administrator.(only to change options.) This was the only way I could get DVDFab setting changes to be set permanently from run to run.

Click green button with white check mark on top bar. To open up DVDFab settings.
                Under DVD / Blu-ray -> Protection -> DVD -> Under To remove RCE, specify the disc's region code. Change the drop down to the disc's region code. Probably set to "Ask before opening the disc". Save the setting changes. Exit out of DVDFab.

Blu-ray has the same kind of options. In case you want to work with Blu-ray discs and not have it stop waiting for the disc region to be specified.

Kevin
                Last edited by k1lv9h; 08-03-2012, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Tried imgburn - I see where it has the Batch feature - but it does not recognize the carousel - so It finished 1 disc, then would not advance - just asked if I wanted to overwrite the disc it just ripped. I think I am going to continue to try to cmd line dvdfab since it is close

Comment

Originally posted by realthinman View Post
                    Tried imgburn - I see where it has the Batch feature - but it does not recognize the carousel - so It finished 1 disc, then would not advance - just asked if I wanted to overwrite the disc it just ripped. I think I am going to continue to try to cmd line dvdfab since it is close
                    I am using a sony vaio changer and i go into the media changer and nothing comes up, so i select the sony vaio changer and it says it has 200 slots but everything is unknown and when i click scan all it does nothing with the changer at all. Like it can't control it for some reason. I use a dos pr...

Comment

Gummigutta - Thank You! ImgBurn looks interesting- from the pictures it looks like it works - but I have a font thing going on on my mac right now and could not read any of it. I will read that thread soon.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Finally figured it out!

I changed the SRC from __SRC___ to G:\ so it would not spend soo long looking for the source (I know where the dvd is) - I also set the region (Thank You for that) so it would not spend extra time looking for the region. Then things looked like it was working correctly but would sit at 0% - I think that is due to HD Decryptor not understanding all of the cmd line instruction? - I dont know - Purchased DVD Fab and Magic - DVD Mass Rip is working and Generating Unique file names.

Code:
                        <setting name="RipArgsFile" serializeAs="String">
                                       <value>/MODE "FULLDISC" /SRC "G:\" /DEST "__RIP_PATH__\" /CHANGEPLAYORDER "yes" /JUMPMENU "yes" /REMOVEPGC "yes" /VOLUME __UNIQUE_ISO_NAME__.iso /OUTDISC "dvd9" /CLOSE</value>
                                   </setting>

Comment

Hi,

In file C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 8 Qt\Commandline.txt information on what is valid for each DVDFab run mode.

Code:
                                         <value>/MODE "FULLDISC" /SRC "G:\" /DEST "__RIP_PATH__\" /CHANGEPLAYORDER "yes" /JUMPMENU "yes" /REMOVEPGC "yes" /VOLUME __UNIQUE_ISO_NAME__.iso /OUTDISC "dvd9" /CLOSE</value>
                                     </setting>
                          For "MAINMOVIE" mode parms:
                          Code:
                                         <value>/MODE "MAINMOVIE" /SRC "G:\" /DEST "__RIP_PATH__\__UNIQUE_ISO_NAME__.iso" /TITLE "AUTO" /VOLUME "__UNIQUE_ISO_NAME__" /CHANGEPLAYORDER "YES" /JUMPMENU "YES" /REMOVEPGC "YES" /OUTDISC "DVD9" /CLOSE</value>
                                     </setting>
                          For "FULLDISC" mode parms:
                          Code:
                                         <value>/MODE "FULLDISC" /SRC "G:\" /DEST "__RIP_PATH__\__UNIQUE_ISO_NAME__.iso" /CHANGEPLAYORDER "YES" /JUMPMENU "YES" /REMOVEPGC "YES" /OUTDISC "DVD9" /CLOSE</value>
                                     </setting>
                          Kevin
                          Last edited by k1lv9h; 08-05-2012, 04:58 PM. Reason: text

Comment

I tested with the "__RIP_PATH__\__UNIQUE_ISO_NAME__.iso" and I kept getting ISO already exists - do you want to overwrite> - which had me thinking that it was creating the iso, then the Volume name went to save in that directory creating the conflict - So i left the rip path alone - at "__RIP_PATH__\" and left it to the volume name to name the output - This seems to be working but I am not sure why there are two opportunities to name the output - unless I am confused. I am currently ripping to folders - Perhaps adding the "name.iso" creates the container name for the ISO? - Now I am confused.

Comment

Hi,

Yes .iso has to be in the /DEST parm to create .iso file. Having .iso in /VOLUME I don't think will work.

Weird __UNIQUE_ISO_NAME__ is not so unique. The file name DVD Mass Rip is using could it contain the slot number the DVD is from? That would make sense for duplicates.

I am still plugging away on my Windows batch file to run DVDFab. I don't want to give you something that will not work as well as it should. I still have more testing. Then remove all my debug code.

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                              X