No announcement yet.

8226QT shuts down W7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8855A, I'm not saying your memory is the cause, just that it could be. Most computer guys and IT professionals will recommend leaving your computer on all the time. The heating and cooling cycles are tough on silicon chips, they don't like expanding and contracting and can cause a microscopic crack and cause you much grief. If you have more than one memory module you might want to test them one at a time to narrow the search. And do as mainman suggests.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, download the iso image and burn it to a CD and boot from it.

Albert Einstein

Comment

You might have a point, my pc in sitting almost on the floor with a bottom fan and it gets real cold about a foot above the floor until the heat kicks on and off!

Where do I get the testmem86, do I need just to pull up on intenet?

Will follow you and Maineman's advice! Hope I can get this worked out! Would I need to test each module by its self- pull one out-test and the the other way around?
        Last edited by 8855A; 01-03-2013, 06:19 PM. Reason: question

Comment

Just Google "memtest86".

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks 90312, Maineman,

Will do, got to go get some air, but shall return!!!

Wil let you know what I've come up with!

Comment

Hi 8855 iv been also getting several bsod didnt think abour uninstall fab to see if keeps crashing my last crash was when i was using fab v9 i ran mem test going threw all my old drivers to up grade im getting great support over at windows7forum.com i will try unstalling fab this weekend to see if i get another crash

Last edited by Jonatan; 01-03-2013, 07:43 PM.
              ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

DVDFAB v8 8226QT shuts down W7

@ 90312, Maineman

Well got the memtest86 and D/L it and made about 4 different copies, glad I don't burn anymore, had TYG02's setting around.

Still haven't figure how to get it to playback any of the disc made, lol Made an ISO and an IMAGE Disc!

I did clean out the memory slots and reset modules in and to my surprise I tryed "LOOPER" with MKV V9 BD-ripper, worked just fine! Had no problem with V8226QT at all.

Hadn't had my pc shut down yet, been half a day! Still trying to get the mmtest86 to work, thats a nice tool to have!

@ Jonatan, thanks for the W7.com I'll PM you!

Comment

Glad to hear you're up and running.
                  Congrats 88...
                  If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Thanks Maineman,

You still the Man!

Comment

Working...
                    X