Upgrade Instal/Uninstal Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade Instal/Uninstal Problems

I hope some can help me as I have spent almost 24 hours on this and I am groing weary !!!
    I am a reg owner of DVDFab Gold, and using the program for serveral years with virtually no problems. When a new ver. is made available, I upgrade to the new ver without any problems until this past week. Here is the senerio:
    1. I am using Operating System Windows 7 Pro
    2. Tried to install 8.2.2.6.
    3 Downaload no problem
    4. Install seemed to go OK until the last screen of finish of install and the computer just froze up. Green bar had not action and I couldn't even cancel.
    In the past new versions loaded easily, and fast.
    5. New directory was created, and many files loaded.
    6. Couldnt't unistall, and had to go to SAFE MODE to remove (unistall)
    This just dosen't make sense to me, as I have never had any problems instal new versions.
    End results I was able to install ver 8.0.8.5 wish is very old version of DVDFAB8.
    Thank goodness for saving the older versions of this program.
    I even tried to upgrade this version to the next, and it just won't work.
    Can someone please give me some guidance, and help me. I really hate to give up on this program, as it has served me well all these years. It is a Great program.
    Thank you in advance to any assitance to anyone, that has the time to help out this "old guy"
    Last edited by 90312; 02-03-2013, 02:32 AM.

Putting your email address in a post is a really bad idea, spammers love that. I'll remove it for you and you can exchange addresses via PM - much safer!
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you sir.
      Paul

Comment

Hi pmartasian
        Please try uninstalling DVD Fab through its uninstaller.
        Next download CCleaner from here http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ run the cleaner option, clicking the old prefetch data in advanced options, then run the registry until nothing is found.
        Now download a fresh installer from here http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm instead of clicking "run" click "save" now navigate to your download folder right click on the installer click run as administrator and reinstall Fab.
        Hope this helps
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my install problem. I followed your instructions to the "T" but didn't have any success. I am really frustrated as I have been using this program for several years, and been 100% happy. Now the only version I can use is a 2 year old version. I have updated and updated over the years. I think my reg version goes way back when it was called DVD Fab Gold.
          Thank you again my friend for your attempt to help me.
          Paul
          Sacramento, Ca

Comment

Hi pmartasian
            Have you checked to see if your anti virus or firewall is stopping the install?
            What do you use for an anti virus program?
            How about trying version 9 found here http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB9_BETA
            Hope this helps
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

I am at my wits end !!!! All of the suggestions you have sent me make good sense. But unfortunately have not fixed my issues.
              I guess will have leave it to the tech support guys. Unless of course you have another thoughts.
              Thank you again for your time to help this "oldtimer." You have been very kind......
              Frustrated,
              Paul

Comment

Honestly Paul, you will be better to try to get it resolved thru this forum as with support there will be delays.

What operating system are you using?
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Hey GregiBoy

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                  Honestly Paul, you will be better to try to get it resolved thru this forum as with support there will be delays.

What operating system are you using?
                  Originally posted by pmartasian View Post
                  1. I am using Operating System Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Too busy getting ready to watch Super Bowl & missed that.

49ers or Ravens?

Sorry...
                    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                      Too busy getting ready to watch Super Bowl & missed that.

49ers or Ravens?

Sorry...
                      Ravens

Comment

Yes, I am using Windows 7 Pro

Comment

Hi pmartasian
                          Do you have a video card and is it running the most recent drivers?
                          Also what kind of anti virus do you run?
                          CBR929

Comment

I anm running Norton Antivirus. Why would the video card drivers cause a problem with the install of the program? However I will check to make sure.
                            I am desperate, and will do whatever you suggest my friend.
                            Phm

Comment

Working...
                            X