Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any "Insert Disc 2/Disc 1" screens without the DVDFab monkey?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are there any "Insert Disc 2/Disc 1" screens without the DVDFab monkey?

Are there any "Insert Disc 2" and "Insert Disc 1" screens available without the DVDFab monkey that we can use?
    Last edited by zZz; 12-17-2009, 11:38 PM.

Thread moved to general Questions as it not a problem post for DVD to DVD

Comment

You can use the "black screen", which is essentially no screen. Just select it in Common Settings.
      I remember with the old Gold application (which was part of Platinum in the thrilling days of yesteryear) you had the option to plug in pretty much any screen you wanted... this Change Graphic Picture (CGP) was a user option back then.

I don't know if you can still do this easily. You might try google and see what's out there.

Sorry, I can't be of more help
      Last edited by maineman; 12-18-2009, 01:00 AM. Reason: So old , I can't put 3 letters in the right order
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

The CGP files are held under the Program Files\DVDFab6\CGP and there is one for Black Screen and one for DVD Fab.

I suspect these are a graphic format but I copied one and renamed it BMP, JPG & GIF but couldn't open any of them.

Maybe someone else knows what format these are in.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

From Google....

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by maineman View Post
            You can use the "black screen", which is essentially no screen. Just select it in Common Settings.
            Yes, I knew about the Black Screen choice there to select, rather than the Monkey King screen. I'm trying to find out if there are pre-made ones somewhere that we can browse through and pop in and how we would do that, the popping in part, I mean? Just put this CGP file in the CGP folder and it would appear automatically in the drop-down menu perhaps?

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            The CGP files are held under the Program Files\DVDFab6\CGP and there is one for Black Screen and one for DVD Fab.

I suspect these are a graphic format but I copied one and renamed it BMP, JPG & GIF but couldn't open any of them. Maybe someone else knows what format these are in.

From Google: http://www.mrbass.org/dvdfab/cgpman.html
            Hey! Cool! You found a Guide as to how to create CGP files from scratch! Neat! That Guide could come in handy some day.

So, do either of you guys know of any pre-made CGP files for inserting Disc 1 or Disc 2 messages somewhere, so we can browse through and pick one or more we'd like to use?
            Last edited by zZz; 12-18-2009, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Nope and Yep !!!!

I meant Yep & Nope !!!

Comment

CGP (Change Graphic Pictures)

Originally posted by zZz View Post

So, do either of you guys know of any pre-made CGP files for inserting Disc 1 or Disc 2 messages somewhere, so we can browse through and pick one or more we'd like to use?
                I'm guessing nothing has changed format wise. I don't recall if the monkey has been part of dvdfab since conception maybe someone with an older version say 3 or 4 may have different images.

Otherwise, for some pre-made ones there is a zip file containing several images to choose from @ mrbass. Though I haven't personally tried this on the newer/latest version of dvdfab

To view the images in the file as well as an additional image click on the link below and scroll down just a bit
                http://www.mrbass.org/dvdfab/
                Last edited by phonedudes; 02-15-2010, 09:27 PM. Reason: edit url

Comment

Confirmed Alternate Images

I tried 2 of the images from the zip file posted @ mrbass link above & they do indeed work
                  for the 'Split' option -only-. Added images will display in the drop down box under the DVD to DVD Settings option, Split.

What I'm not sure is how to get the 'Customize' option image to work.
                  Under my brief experiment playing around with 'Customize' & 'Customize Split' I was never able to get an image to be displayed.
                  The only options are Blank and DVDFab (any additional images don't display on that drop down) however setting it to DVDFab never showed anything different while Customizing a DVD (cut out chapters) or using the Customize Split option.
                  Not sure if that's a bug or what but I was unable to get a CGP displayed.

Comment

Working...
                  X