Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does DVDFab 9 utilize my GeForce 9800GT Cuda Cores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
    You may be able to get that with what you have. Pull that graphics card and plug the monitor into the motherboard, it will load the HD 4000 drivers and make Quick Sync available.
    Actually, that's where I started off, using the HD4000 IGP. Then I stumbled across the information that DVDFab9 can utilize CUDA cores so I dusted off one of my old GeForce 9800GT videocards and installed it to see what it could do.

Anyway, I yanked it back out of my system(back to the HD4000 IGP) and picked another movie to compress. It only took 129 minutes this time but the catch is that the movie was only 29GB to begin with. So that's no inspiration for me.

The only thing I was hoping was that the software didn't pre select the "Intel quick-sync" by default and that maybe I had been using "software". But I think the software presets the best options automatically according to what it detects in your system.

Anyway, I do this stuff mainly for fun just to learn things. I don't have hundreds of movies to compress or anything like that. So I may just accept the long compression times and just do a movie every now and then when I go to sleep. Still the quest for knowledge and how to do things better, faster, and smarter always has an appeal to me. So I will always seek that out in one way or another.

Comment

You've got to make sure you're using the latest Intel HD driver and Quick Sync is enabled in DVFab. It should be done in less time than you quoted. Back when I had an i5 BD50 to BD25 still took way less than an one hour.

Comment

This is an analyzer to make sure Quick Sync is functioning and a screen shot of how it should look:
        Attached Files
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I dont have 1.5 and 1.6 HW capabilities it seems

Yes, I made sure that I selected "Intel Quick-Sync" on the "AVCodec" screen. That is selected for both H.264 encode/decode.

Here is a snapshot of the analyzer results. Does this mean I don't have hardware capabilities for 1.5 and 1.6 or does it mean I need to install some driver software? I'll look around and see what I can find out.

I used Windows 7 "Update Driver" in the device manager for my "Display Adapter" and it searched online and said I have the latest drivers installed for my device. Actually it said, "Windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date". Is that good enough or is there a better way? I just looked at your screenshot again and see that you got a later version of "something" than I do. I have 9.17.x.x while yours is 9.18.x.x
          Attached Files
          Last edited by PopeyeTheSailorMan; 11-14-2013, 07:52 PM.

Comment

The latest driver is here;

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...00&FamilyId=39

Comment

Originally posted by martythebrit View Post
              Thank you. I'll try installing that now.

**EDIT**: Sweet, got the latest drivers 9.18.x.x. and it shows I now have 1.5 and 1.6 support. So, I guess it's time to try this again and see what kind of performance I get now.

****EDIT #2****: "Intel Quick Sync H.264 encoder cannot be supported by your graphics card."
              The software itself then defaults to DXVA for H.264 Decoder and "Software" for H.264 Encoder. Both attempts (to use Intel Quick-Sync) fail.

**** EDIT #3 ****: I ran the sw_analyser.exe again. It says something at the end about "-SW target does not work. Make sure Media SDK DLL(i.e., "libmfxsw64.dll") is located in your executable path or system path.

Is this my problem...where would I find that file?
              Last edited by PopeyeTheSailorMan; 11-14-2013, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Did you pull out the NVidia card or is it still in?

If it's still in I would pull it out and try again.

Comment

Did you update dvdfab to the latest version V9105?
                  If still have issue please post the dvdfab internal log and fabchecker log.

Wilson
                  Last edited by Wilson.Wang; 11-14-2013, 11:48 PM.
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                  X