Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does DVDFab 9 utilize my GeForce 9800GT Cuda Cores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU Does DVDFab 9 utilize my GeForce 9800GT Cuda Cores?

Is there a master list of videocards that the DVDFab 9 software utilizes that can be verified? I have a GeForce 9800GT with 128 Cuda Cores(IIRC). It would be awesome if the software actually confirmed it somewhere on the screen itself.

"Detected and using 128 NVidia Cuda Cores" for encoding/decoding process.

I copied a 3D Blu-Ray movie to a 25GB ISO and it took about 4 1/2 hours using Intel IGP HD 4000. I then installed my GeForce 9800GT thinking it would speed up the next copy/compress movie that I did. It is happening right now with an estimated finish time of 3 1/2 hours. Is that about the best improvement I am going to get....1 hour? That's not bad but thought it might be faster. **** EDIT *** The estimated finishing time has gone up basically to where it was before. So, no improvement whatsoever using GeForce 9800GT videocard. Im guessing my Cuda Cores are being ignored.

Still, it's a different movie so I am not even sure if the Cuda Cores are being used or if it's just faster because of a different movie. Confirmation in the DVDFab 9 software would be wonderful.

Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by PopeyeTheSailorMan; 11-13-2013, 08:41 PM.

Popeye open Fab settings and see if your settings under codec are set for cuda like my screen shot if so cuda will be used when it can be.

It's used when converting to one format to another and when compacting to another disk size.Fab will use how many cuda cores you have.Also how many cores your computer has can be set in Fab.

Fab defaults to how many your machine has.
    Last edited by glenns; 07-14-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

I love it when trying to post a response and I am not logged into the website. *sigh* So, if I can remember everything I wrote the first time, here goes again.

This is my information:
      Graphics Chipset :
      NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

CUDA Driver Version: 6.0
      CUDA Capability revision number: 1.1

Supported Video Codecs :
      CUDA_MODE_H264
      CUDA_MODE_VC1
      CUDA_MODE_MPEG2
      DXVA_MODE_H264

CoreAVC : cannot be detected. <-------------- **** IS THIS A SERIOUS PROBLEM. I DONT KNOW WHAT IT MEANS. *****

Time to finish:
      226m 57.90s: compress finished: groups request(22386 MB, 22386 MB) real(22461 MB) average_bitrate(13667 kbps)

H.264 Decoder: Software H.264 Encoder: Software+CUDA

I have a follow-up question. Is the compression process from 50GB to 25GB ISO a decode/encode process or is it only 1 of the 2? If I change the H.264 Decoder to "CUDA" and try another compression from 50GB to 25GB ISO will it go faster? Ill try this unless I hear back from you sooner rather than later that this will do no good. It's my only hope for a quicker compression time given my current setup.

Comment

I don't think you'll see much out of that card bud. Everything I've read on the subject says you need a minimum of 480 cores to see any real improvement. A GTX 570 minimum. I wish you well with it!
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

I wonder what the better upgrade would be to get the best bang for my buck. Going from a dual-core CPU to a quad-core CPU or going from 112 CUDA cores to 480 CUDA cores?

Comment

Just my opinion here but an i7 processor and motherboard will get you better encoding speed than a comparable priced graphics card. Quick Sync is the way to go bud.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I have an Intel IvyBridge dual-core CPU 3225 with HD4000 graphics so I think I have quick-sync. But it's quick-sync on a dual-core CPU.

Comment

Yeah, Quick Sync is supported on that processor, and hyper-threading so you'll have four cores chewing on the file.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                  Yeah, Quick Sync is supported on that processor, and hyper-threading so you'll have four cores chewing on the file.
                  It's taking 4+ hours to compress a 50GB to a 25GB ISO with a dual-core. Not very impressive. I guess I should have bought a quad-core. Well, I got a SandyBridge and an IvyBridge. Maybe it's time to buy a quad-core Haswell. Go for broke.

Comment

I just checked World War Z from the HDD to the HDD will take 15-16 minutes with an i7 3770K and Quick Sync to 25GB.

It tailed off a little toward the end and ultimately took 17:19 to complete.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by 90312; 11-14-2013, 02:39 AM.

Albert Einstein

Comment

That is smokin'!
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm satisfied with it

Albert Einstein

Comment

Wow, that is seriously fast. Of course, you have one of the highest end processors. I would be happy compressing a 50GB to a 25GB in the space of 1 hour. I will probably get me some sort of i5 Haswell CPU and be content.

Comment

You may be able to get that with what you have. Pull that graphics card and plug the monitor into the motherboard, it will load the HD 4000 drivers and make Quick Sync available.

Albert Einstein

Comment

TO PopeyeTheSailorMan:
                              1. GeForce 9800GT videocard only have cuda Capability 1.1, that is a very base videocard.
                              And different motherboard with PCIE /2.0/3.0 will affect Nvidia card speed.
                              2. Having cpu 3225 with HD4000, you should have simily speed as i7 3770K with HD4000, by doing follow:
                              AS 90312 mentioned, plug the monitor into the motherboard , update intel drivers from
                              https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx, or use auto detect http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

And please update DVDFab to the latest version V9105.
                              I copied a 3D Blu-Ray movie to a 25GB ISO
                              DVDFab does not use GPU most time when compress 3D source to bd2d with "Copy as 3D" option selected.

Wilson
                              Please post your logs the default location is:
                              For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                              For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                              Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                              If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X