No announcement yet.

Apple rip profiles changed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'm the original poster... glad to hear someone else is experiencing the same issue. Not that it's good but at least it makes me feel better knowing I'm not alone.

I emailed DVDFab and received the following response:

"Sorry for any inconvenience this situation has caused you.

We have reported this problem to our QA team, please give us some time to figure it out. Thanks for your patience in advance. We will keep you posted if there is any further update.
    "

I assume the issue is being looked at.

In the meantime perhaps lixichen, or someone else, could post or upload the Apple profiles so we can set them manually ourselves?
    Last edited by Klewi; 01-18-2014, 05:13 PM.

Comment

The only change made I can find is the output frame resolution is now set to the source frame resolution, which I like a lot better. I'm unclear as to what you want? If it's the larger resolution, that takes two clicks and about one second to accomplish.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        The only change made I can find is the output frame resolution is now set to the source frame resolution, which I like a lot better. I'm unclear as to what you want? If it's the larger resolution, that takes two clicks and about one second to accomplish.
        I don't wish to come off as a jerk but I've tried explaining this to you a couple of times in this thread. Please pause and take a moment to read this reply carefully. Hopefully I can make you understand.

Without counting, DVDFab comes with probably 50 predefined device profiles. Each profile is the recommended resolution and bitrate for that device. This is a great feature of the product. Select your device and rip or convert away.

In the case of Apple products each iPad version has it's own recommended resolutions. I have no clue what each one is let alone all the iPhone versions. This is why the great folks at DVDFab took the time to create 50 profiles.

Now since the 9122 update all the Apple device profiles are gone. Do you know what the iPad4 profile was? How about the iPhone4? I've ripped a quarter of my DVD library with an Apple TV3 profile that is now gone. What was it? I also was converting some of the ATV3 rips to an iPad2 profile for my next trip. What was the iPad2 profile?

The point is why generate 50 device profiles if they are all going to be the same? In the case of the 9122 update most of the profiles are unique but we lost the Apple ones.

I want all the Apple device profiles restored to the way they were before the 9122 update. Judging by grinless's post he would too. I suspect there are other users as well.

If, as you suggest, we should tweak it ourself then what's the point of 50 profiles? Just give us 1 profile and we will tweak it to every device. But that would devalue the software a little wouldn't it. We paid for all the features and in my case it was for device profiles. It may be a small feature to you but it wasn't to me. It was also working fine before the update so all a want is what was there previously.

Hopefully I've explained it well enough for you this time.

In the meantime, what I asked for was a list of all the Apple device profiles so that I can set them manually back to where they were. I don't think that's an unreasonable request.

Comment

I guess I had a hard time believing the nature of your complaint, now I do. I hope they leave it as is, I know the specifications of my devices.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi Klewi
            If you would do as some of us members do, keep the DVD Fab installers and should a problem arise, you can always go back to the version that worked for you.

If you would like any of the older official versions, you can find them here http://www.oldapps.com/dvdfab.php

If for some reason it was a beta you would like, feel free to send me a pm with your e-mail address and I will send it to you.
            CBR929
            Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

DVDFab and Apple support

I have been an lifetime owner of DVDFab products for about five years. From my experience, the Apple profiles are not a priority of the company. I switched to Handbreak several years ago because it will rip my blu-rays with true 5.1 audio that is recognized by my receiver as Dolby digital (AC3 format). I have been requesting that function for years, and every once in awhile I check to see if they have added it. Not yet. My experience has also been that there has been little to no priority placed in the accuracy on "up-to-date-ness" of the apple profiles. It's a shame. I'd love to start using the product again someday...

Comment

Working...
              X