DVD drive issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 View Post
    Sorry, I was away doing other thing this evening.

For me, I ripped Monsters University a couple of weeks ago and I no longer have the logs from back then. I just didn't give it any thought at the time as I was thinking it might have been a bad disk.

But seeing that others are coming across this same skipping, I'm thinking that I probably should have kept those logs (hindsight 20/20) unfortunately.

booradlly

If you are having problems with your system, try doing a full scan with Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 (bootable from USB or DVD) with the heuristics set to high. This will detect anything including rootkits on your system and it can remove them. You can run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware after it's done to check for anything it might possibly have missed if anything.
    So, yea, nvm. Everything works now. :/
    Apparently the problem is in VLC entirely.

So as I discovered earlier in the thread, PowerDVD played the disc just fine from the drive, so I played the rip using PowerDVD and it played fine. So yea, VLC has the issue not anyone else.

Comment

If it's VLC, then I might have to completely uninstall it from my system then as I noticed that it doesn't play the same as it used to a couple a years ago.

They have made changes under the hood which have caused it not to be able to play some media I have which it used to be able to play and there are other changes I have noticed. So I'm wondering if any of the changes may be messing with the system codecs or some such?

I know I always go through the settings and I make sure that it never runs resident in the system tray or the background either.

Just thinking out loud a bit here.

Night everyone.

Comment

Working...
      X