X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Urgent - DVD problems (Solved)

Dear Forum

Can anyone assist, I had problems with ripping an old DVD movie, DVDFAB has a problem, it scan it and there were no error message. It just scan and scan and scan.

I looked at the playable side of the DVD and found it to be moulded, so I took out the DVD and clean it with glass cleaner,

I rescan it with DVDFAB, still same problem and I tried to play it at my player, it cannot play. (I was able to play before the cleaning). I already tried on 3 different players and PCs.

What has happened? I cannot read the DVD anymore, have I destroy it? Is there any way to cure it?

Can anyone help?

Thank you

P/s:- I am not too sure if this posting should be in GENERAL or CHAT. Please move it if it is not correct.....Sorry.
    Last edited by GregiBoy; 01-05-2010, 10:50 PM.

windex and a non scratching lint free cloth to wipe with is recommended for cleaning DVDs. Check the DVD for smudges and if any wipe with a damp non scratching lint free cloth and try again. Since this an old movie try using DVDFab with pathplayer disabled as well

Comment

As AGJ suggests...
      You also might want to run through the list in sticky thread in my sig:
      Tips...

Be certain to try #3
      3) Clean the disc, even if it looks pristine.
      Use a microfiber cloth (lens cloth) and Isopropyl Alcohol, Windex, etc., (no plastic solvents).
      Be sure to wipe from the center spindle area of the disc outward, like spokes on a wheel.

If the disc is scratched, you can try Brasso Metal Polish...according to the label it is ok
      for plastic watch crystals.
      (Brasso and a microfiber cloth has saved me a few times. I've also heard some success stories with Pledge Furniture Polish, although I haven't tried this one personally).
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

DVD repair machine

I have tried everything myself. Don't even bother trying to use one of those hand crank machines with polish..

My kids have had Xbox / PS1 / PS2 / PS3 / DVD / CD Players and then had a library of unusable games, Videos and Music Cd's. I had tried everthing to get these to work again to no avail.

After I saw how the DVD cleaning machine at our local Family Video worked and brought back to life a movie I had rented but would not work, I decided to do some research and find an affordable DVD cleaning machine.

I found one / ordered it / and I have fixed every Game, and DVD Videos we had except for 1 (it had a scratch on the label side - those are the ones that can't be fixed).

It is a ZDAG 101 and it cost about $95 US. Now if I rent a movie and it starts skipping etc. I don't have to take it back and have them polish it. I just clean it myself.

Comment

Take a hair dryer to it. You say it’s an old movie so I have a hunch the liquid slipped between the layers of the disk and obliterated the pits. It is never a good idea to submerge a disk or get too much liquid cleaner on the edges of the disk especially at the hub area. If liquid slips in at the hub it will knock out the lead in and the player or drive will never pick it up. Take care not to get the disk hot enough to warp it, just drive off the liquid.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Maybe it was some of your Seaweed Juice that slipped between the layers ? ....

Been around the block a few times, can't say as I've ever heard that !
            AX

The default Log File location: C:\Documents and Settings\"User Acct"\My Documents\DVDFab\Log

Comment

If all the tips do not work, I suggest that you have destroyed it...
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

As nothing further can be added to the advice already give, this thread is now closed.
                "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                X