Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the work on decrypting ends then it is not being supported. It will just gradually become ineffective. Or am I missing something? Without this constant update what will people use it for? New features perhaps but not able to handle the decryption of new movies.

Comment

Originally posted by Gummigutta View Post
      Don't be sorry. The old version of DVDFab worked like a charm on one DVD but BluFab only gave reading errors. So I wonder if they had the same code base.
      Thanks Gummi
      You always know how to put a smile on my face
      Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

This doesn't sound good at all. This news seems like it is spelling the end of DVDFab as we know it. I expect next we will hear that the newer editions of DVDFab is also no longer decrypting DVD and Bluray. I hope I'm wrong.
        I7 3770K @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 (2x8) Gigs Corsair DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer 236H (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Crucial M500 120 GB SSD, WD 2 TB Black HDDs, WD 1 TB Black HDD, WD 2 TB Black HDD (eSata), Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64

Comment

Originally posted by Mike89 View Post
          This doesn't sound good at all. This news seems like it is spelling the end of DVDFab as we know it. I expect next we will hear that the newer editions of DVDFab is also no longer decrypting DVD and Bluray. I hope I'm wrong.
          I think we should have a poll on how many users would like a members only download
          of all so far blu-ray decryption updates, and import or link it to dvdfab, so if it does
          go under we'll have up to now plus some way to start fab for members

Comment

Did you guys read this with the last update?

DVDFab 9.1.3.6 for Windows (March 20, 2014)

As our marketing strategy adjusts, the two brands, DVDFab and BluFab, will coexist simultaneously, starting from this minor update 9.1.3.6. All the existing customers performing updates shall get DVDFab 9 back again, with identical capacities as you always have. This means, we will continue updating DVDFab 9 for existing customers in the future. Your lifetime licenses shall never expire!
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

So only people with current licenses for DVDFab will continue to get updates to the decrypter? So let me think...no new money coming in because who is gonna pay for a ripper that doesn't decrypt (Blufab), and current users already paid for it...where is the money going to come from to support future decryption updates?

I'm thinking DVDFab is dead fellas, unless they move to Antigua or something.

Comment

Originally posted by augerpro View Post
                So only people with current licenses for DVDFab will continue to get updates to the decrypter? So let me think...no new money coming in because who is gonna pay for a ripper that doesn't decrypt (Blufab), and current users already paid for it...where is the money going to come from to support future decryption updates?

I'm thinking DVDFab is dead fellas, unless they move to Antigua or something.
                I'd imagine that BluFab users can use the product by using an external decryptor like Passkey or, if they're trying to really play things safe, an equivalent product from a number of other companies. Basically the appeal of BluFab will be that it's a combination of a really nice front-end and transcoder. There will still be a market for that. I'd imagine that BluFab is going to sell for a lot less than DVDFab due to the displaced functionality.

Comment

Stop getting your panties in a wad and read what has been said properly.

All the angst indicated above is a non-event.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

If a member already purchased a license for one of DVDFab's modules and wants to purchase an additional module, would that be considered a part of the DVDFab suite or BluFab?

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post

Right-On, the people over at video help have gotten DVDFab already closed and forgotten because it seems no one knows how to read!!

Regards,

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post

Quite succinct…LOL. However, you do have to admit this turn in events is about as clear as mud. Two separate products ending in Fab. Two products that where intimated to do the same thing but as we have learnt in reality no longer won’t. A company with two products, selling one that will no longer do what it oriental version can do.
                        I am not confused like some. I have actually read what I have been told but this does not stop one from being puzzled about it all and I guess the most puzzling thing is, as others have pointed out, Why would risk cutting off your main revenue stream by basically neutering the product you are trying to selling?? It has been a while since marketing 101 but what our friends at DVDFab central are doing with each reverlation does not really add up.
                        Wouldn’t it have been simpler to fight than risk petential damage to your product's reputation?

Comment

Wait wait. This needs to be clarified. By updated do they mean new blufab features unrelated to decryption, or do they promise to continue to add new decryption methods for new movies as the come out. I'm betting not

Think about it, why would they stop everything related to decryption for legal purposes and then keep doing it. Why would they stop selling a product and then promises to continue to support it?

The release of blufab is the successor to dvdfab, which naturally means dvdfab is coming to an end. Let's hear some clarification from the admin.

Will dvdfab decrypt the hobbit movie coming out in a few months? What about a movie coming out in 2015?

Ie. Yeah dvdfab will get updates, updates non related to decryption.
                          Last edited by Guest; 03-22-2014, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Also, if blufab won't decrypt what product do you recommend a non dvdfab owner use?

Comment

Originally posted by nonamebam View Post
                              Also, if blufab won't decrypt what product do you recommend a non dvdfab owner use?
                              BluFab + Passkey?

Comment

Why would they continue to add new decryption methods for new movies with pass key and not dvdfab or blu

Comment

Working...
                                X