Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Anti-virus you have installed as that might be interfering with DVDFab. Try starting DVDFab with the Anit-virus turned off to see if that works

Comment

I use avg antivirus, and yes it still freezes up around 11 seconds. I am trying full movie

Comment

Try turning Off the Preview window it's under Settings/General/Preview

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Troy's excellent tutorial on Setting up ImgBurn with DVDFab :

I use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media mainly.
        Trying Falcon D/L media

I use ImgBurn as my main burning engine

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Hi Karla

Could you clarify this please?

When you said,
          "... it reads the disc, and it reads the blank disc no problem. However when it tries to start copying it, it says you are trying the dvd to dvd option, and then it doesnt do anything after that. It freezes up at like 11-14 seconds..."

It sounds like you mean Fab opened the disc, but it won't rip
          However, it also sounds to some like it rips ok, but you can't burn the ripped files.
          Hence the chat about VSO and Img.

What happens exactly?

If you select your hdd as the "Target", are you able to to rip the movie.
          Can you playback from the hdd with a software player such as VLC?
          ...or are you not able to rip at all?
          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

no, it wont even rip, it starts to and then freezes up. It doesnt even get close to the burning stage.

Comment

Thanks.
              Yeah, unfortunately, that's what I thought.
              Bummer.

Xp Pro is a very stable OS and it sounds like you don't have much else on your pc.
              Nothing is jumping out at me.

Could you take a look at the windoz dump file and see what windoz says about Fab freezing/crashing?

You don't receive any errors right...Fab just freezes?

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

yup, no errors, just it freezes up and wont rip anymore.

Comment

Karla Have you doubled check to make sure nothing else is trying to use the drive at the same time. Like Roxio or Windows media player trying to open the disc for watching, something along those lines.

Removal of new protections may not be available yet in the free version of DVDFab (HD Decrypter)

Help Us Help You :

Trying Falcon D/L media

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

I dont have roxio, and it prompts me for windows media but I exit out of that window, so it wont use it anymore.

Comment

WMP may well be the problem here. You have some sort of I/O conflict as bean pointed out.

Please go into config.sys and disable WMP.

Comment

Yes, it sounds like a program trying to access the drive wmp. Have you tried to insert the disc wait to see if any program is trying to access the disc like autoplay, close them and then start DVD Fab?
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

yes cbr929 that is exactly what I do. It always pops up the autoplay window asking me what to do, and I close it out and then start up dvd fab and it reads the disc, and the blank disc and starts the rip and then freezes up.

Comment

Karla, your drive is being hijacked.
                            Fab needs exclusive access

Comment

Karla
                              then start up dvd fab and it reads the disc, and the blank disc and starts the rip
                              Sounds like you are trying to rip from Disc to Disc,

Do Not put in a blank disc and try ripping to hard drive only and see if that works.

Help Us Help You :

Trying Falcon D/L media

Free Media Player VLC

Comment

Originally posted by bean55 View Post
                                Do Not put in a blank disc and try ripping to hard drive only and see if that works.
                                Yeah, I suggested this on post #19 as well as it would help sort out the issue, but maybe the OP missed it.
                                This thread is getting long.

Comment

Working...
                                X