Installing 9.1.3.6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing 9.1.3.6

I am currently running DVDfab 9.1.3.1 and was attempting to update to 9.1.3.6 but keep getting a message during the preparing to install that says
    " The following applications are using files that need to be updated by Setup. It is recommended that you allow setup to automatically close these applications." It is naming DVDfab 9 Update as the file in the box that needs to be closed. At the bottom I have checked off the "Automatically close the applications". when I click the "next" button it tries to close the program that is listed as open, but then I get and error message that states "Setup was unable to automatically close all applications. It is recommended that you close all applications using files that need to be updated by setup before continuing". I can then choose to "abort, Retry or ignore".
    I have no programs open and nothing running in the background. Can someone please help me figure out why I can't update to the new update? I've had a lifetime license with dvdfab for almost ten years and have never had a problem installing updates.

Thanks
    Last edited by speedinbk; 03-25-2014, 04:09 AM.

Have you tried un-installing 9.1.3.1 first. Then install 9.1.3.6

That should work.

Comment

It is something I considered doing, but I want to make sure I will be able to activate my current purchases. I have two different computers and this is happening with both computers. I didn't see anything that stated the older version of fab would have to be removed before version 9.1.3.6 could be installed, did I miss that?

Has anyone else had this problem?

Comment

Originally posted by speedinbk View Post
        It is something I considered doing, but I want to make sure I will be able to activate my current purchases. I have two different computers and this is happening with both computers. I didn't see anything that stated the older version of fab would have to be removed before version 9.1.3.6 could be installed, did I miss that?

Has anyone else had this problem?
        Hi, speedinbk

Blufab and DVDFab are two brands now, about the details, please refer http://forum.dvdfab.cn/showthread.php?t=24820. Of course, you can install dvdfab 9.1.3.6 and the older dvdfab versions on your pc.

When you update and install the new version, I am afraid that you should close your current dvdfab main program first. If it won't work, try to restart ur pc and try again. Thank you.
        I'm not a genius, but to make every effort to do it.
        Edison

Comment

Edison

Thank you for your reply.

I have closed the current version of dvdfab before updating. I have also restarted both computers (keep in mind I have the program installed on two separate computers) and even after doing this, I am still getting the same error message from my original post.

I have never had Blufab installed on either computer, so that can not be an issue. With all that being said, I am still not able to update to DVDfab v9.1.3.6
          Please advise.
          Last edited by speedinbk; 03-27-2014, 06:42 PM.

Comment

speedinbk, try uninstalling and download CCleaner free download here: http://www.piriform.com/promo/cclean...FYFhMgoduEMAew run the scan on the registry until no more errors are found. A clean registry can make a difference.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi speedinbk
              With the advise given by my friend 90312, you may also want to run the cleaner in CCleaner also putting a check mark in the "old prefetch data" in advanced options.
              I use this program also and have never had a problem with it.

Uninstalling older versions of Fab is not required for installing 9136, I have 6 versions of 7 & 8 installed, 27 versions of 9, and BluFab 9136...wow, I need to get rid of some older versions

I never install over the top for any of my installs.
              Here is my process:

1)Download the installer to a folder, mine is named DVDFab Installers, I keep all installers so I always have an older version in case a newer version gives me troubles or a member needs an older version and I will send it to them.

2)Open your folder right click the installer "run as administrator".

3)Select your language.

4)Select destination location C:\Program Files\DVDFab 9xxx I change the 9xxx to whatever version I'm installing.

5)I check the box "Do not create a start menu folder".

6)I do not check the Create a desktop or quick launch icon boxes.

7)Restart the computer, then browse to
              C:\Program Files\DVDFab 9xxx the version you installed, open the folder, right click the DVDFab application, send to desk top create shortcut.

8)This will put a DVDFab shortcut icon on your desktop, right click the icon, rename to DVDFab 9xxx the version you just installed, click enter.

Done
              Hope this helps
              CBR929
              Last edited by CBR929; 03-28-2014, 12:02 AM.
              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Originally posted by CBR929 View Post
                I have 6 versions of 7 & 8 installed, 27 versions of 9, and BluFab 9136.
                A total of 34 different versions installed? Wow! Hey, whatever works for you, I won't knock it! You don't have 34 different versions of Microsoft Office or Internet Explorer installed, I hope? Can never be too safe!

You'd probably laugh if you saw all the apps I keep on my iPhone. About 95% of them I never use but keep on there because I might (but probably never will) use someday.

My apologies for getting off topic. Just thought I would bring in a little humor.

Comment

Originally posted by jkadlec View Post
                  A total of 34 different versions installed? Wow! Hey, whatever works for you, I won't knock it! You don't have 34 different versions of Microsoft Office or Internet Explorer installed, I hope? Can never be too safe!

You'd probably laugh if you saw all the apps I keep on my iPhone. About 95% of them I never use but keep on there because I might (but probably never will) use someday.

My apologies for getting off topic. Just thought I would bring in a little humor.
                  Hi jkadlec
                  Many of the versions I have installed I used for testing for members, like I said, I need to remove some.

1 version of Microsoft Office, don't use Internet Explorer.

I think the process I use helps with the installing over the top of the previous version problems, with each version I install, it writes its own registry value in its own place, plus if a new release is not working I have the previous one installed and working.
                  CBR929
                  Last edited by CBR929; 03-28-2014, 12:01 AM.
                  Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I had this issue with the update. Way got round it was to download the installer and then run it. It updated without issues but from using the usual update mode it wouldnt

Comment

Working...
                    X