Intel Quick Sync Performance with Samsung EVO SSD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intel Quick Sync Performance with Samsung EVO SSD

Not sure if this has been mention here...

But, for those of you that can enable your Intel HD CPU Graphics to allow fast QuickSync encoding in DVDFab (via Lucid like me or directly), I have a little performance tip to share....

Tonight I installed a SAMSUNG EVO 500GB SSD into my system and on the installation DVD is an application called 'Samsung Magician'. Once I installed it I used an 'OS Optimization' option in it to optimise my Windows 7 OS for maximum performance.

Then later in the night I converted some BluRay DVD's to MKV using DVDFab 9.1.5.2.
    Normally I get around 250+fps encoding using QuickSync (Core i7 3770k CPU sits at 18% and I can still play Battlefield 4 on my R290 at 90FPS ... sorry just trying to make you all jealous). Anyway, tonight I noticed the encoding was running at only 110fps ?!?!

So I started snooping around and the first thing I noticed is that the Samsung application had installed a new Power Profile in the Power Options of my Control Panel. Opening up the new profile there were two things that had changed:
    1. My Processor Management was set to park unused cores (which I previously disabled to improve game performance.)
    2. Most importantly, the 'Intel Graphics Settings' were set to Maximum Battery Life. I instantly changed it to Maximum Performance and in real-time, my DVDFab which was still background encoding FPS slowly increased back to 250+fps.

So just check your power management settings for the Intel Graphics Settings and make it is set on Maximum Performance, to get the most out of DVDFab with Intel Quick Sync encoding!!

Cheers.

That is a great tip kicken, thanks for sharing it. There are quite a few 'optimizers' and 'maximizers' that can creep into your PC from installed software with no warning of their consequences. I would have expected Samsung to have better sense.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X