Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfering files from desktop via flashdrive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
    I would use the quick format option rather than writing the whole drive, flash drives have a finite number of writes then they die.
    I agree, quick format option should be sufficient.
    @ unclebubbies
    As my friend said they have a finite number of writes then they die or they die prematurely, so never keep very important stuff on them without having a back up.
    I have had one die within 2 months, good thing there was nothing on it of importance.
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Great advice from You both! Thanks!

Comment

NTFS Note

Originally posted by unclebubbies View Post
        Just got finished following all of Your suggestions and it worked to the tee! Thank you for all of the input and instructions. This the best forum for computer dummies like me! I can now transfer using my flash drive! Thanks again!

Note another advantage of using NTFS format on flash drives is that xfer speed is faster than FAT32 (which is extra important on big files and using USB2) BUT any pending buffer writes are not automatically flushed so make sure you always use 'safe hardware'/eject on these flash drives rather than just pulling it from the slot to protect against this possibility

Comment

Will do. Thanks!

Comment

When shopping for a very large flash drive I settled on this: LINK As easy to shuttle as a flash drive, cheaper and it will hold a buttload of MKV files. Your library of favorites always ready.
            How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Great. Gonna check it out! Thanks.

Comment

Working...
              X