DVDFAB app crash when using 9.3.0.0 Beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVDFAB app crash when using 9.3.0.0 Beta

I am running Windows 7 SP1 64bit OS successfully with DVDFAB v 9.2.4.4 (and all previous v9x versions), however when I upgraded to DVDFAB 9.3.3.0 Beta today, the DVDFAB app crashed. I have an older i7 motherboard (ASUS P8Z68 Deluxe) that requires the Lucidlogix Vitru app (v1.2.112) to make DVDFAB aware that I have a system that can take advantage of the Intel Quick Sync transcoding engine. In other words, I can use Lightning-Shrink for H264 and MPEG2 Codecs when Virtu is active.

My current workaround is to 1) Turn off the Vitru app and then 2) Run all my DVDFAB Video decoders in SOFTWARE mode. Clearly this is not optimal, since my CPU runs at 100% and my frame conversion rate drops by 60% - taking longer to decode.

Making matters harder, there does not seem to be any log created by the DVDFAB app when this happens. I get your app splash screen, then it terminates.

So what more, documentation wise, can I present to you to help troubleshoot this problem? I know this cliché has been over stated, but I made no OS and or application changes between successfully running DVDFAB v9.2.4.4 and then installing your Beta v 9.3.3.0 -which has crashed from the first install.

Regards,

Ken

Hi kc7457
    Did you install the latest version over the top of your previous version or did you download the exe file and then install. If you installed over the top please uninstall DVD Fab, clean the registry with CCleaner found here http://filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ checking the old prefetch data under advanced in the cleaner option then use the registry cleaner until nothing is found. Download a fresh installer to your downloads folder right click the exe file and choose install as administrator.
    Hope this helps
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

I appreciate the advice, but isn't that counter productive, relative to the the whole upgrade process, where DVDFAB presents to you a a notice of a new software version, e.g., 9.3.3.0, and performs the upgrade automatically? I must have done this 20 times already with v9. My instinct / intuition is something broke, coding wise, with Beta 9.3.3.0. And in the spirit of accepting Beta software, I decided to post my experience on this forum for the developers, who may want to see Beta "experiences". For me, this Beta was not a good experience.

I will wait to see if the developers will comment; knowing your suggestion has merit, but only as a last resort (given the history of uneventful version 9 DVDFAB upgrades).

Regards,

Ken

Comment

Like CBR929 I think you've been lucky! I do the clean uninstall routinely and avoid most all problems not caused by the code and yours is not or there would be 40,000 complaints just like it.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X