Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPU/GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060

Is anyone here using the Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 for HEVC x265 encodes? How fast are the encodes compared to software?

Thanks,
    Marty.

Marty, I have the 980 and I can do a BR ripped to HDD in about 8 or 9 minutes. I assume the 1060 is faster?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks.

Still can't decide, 1060 now or Kaby Lake hopefully in January..

Comment

Tough choice? I'd probably go with the processor for all the other things a computer does.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
          Marty, I have the 980 and I can do a BR ripped to HDD in about 8 or 9 minutes. I assume the 1060 is faster?
          No its not faster, its the same. Which is fine as far as I am concerned, still very fast as my old 980GTX.
          Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Well I went for the GTX 1060, the x265 encodes on standard settings are running around 900 Fps, way, way better than CPU encodes that took hours...

Comment

That is quick Marty!

Albert Einstein

Comment

Ripped Jaws to an uncompressed MKV at 35GB, then converted to x265 at High Quality, the encode completed in a shade under 9 minutes. As we say in England, I'm well chuffed!

Comment

How much for the upgrade?
                  Same question for the processor?
                  Need a new toy but not till santa can bring it.
                  Last edited by 3dman; 09-18-2016, 06:51 PM.

Comment

The upgrade was just the video card, Zotac GTX 1060, fortunately for me I had a $50 credit at Amazon and cash back on my Discover card, so it was just under $140 shipped. The card retails on Amazon for $199.

Comment

By the way, the $50 credit was applying for and being approved for the new Discover 'it' card, that may help you out.

Comment

Marty:I need one with hdmi 1.4 for 3d movies and also have DVI for monitor
                        and able to be fast with x265 is their a model like this?

Comment

The Zotac GTX 1060 has a DVI connector and HDMI 2.0b, which should cover it for you...

Comment

Could you provide a link to the amazon model you have as their seems to be different ones thanks a lot.

Comment

Also did you have to do any changing of settings from intel hd graphics to the new card in bios and in Fab or just plug it in?

Comment

Working...
                              X