Write to disk speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other Write to disk speed

How do I increase the write speed to disk. The common settings only allows a speed of 4. Consequently, it takes in excess of more the 60 minutes to complete a copy. I am in region 1 using version 9316. Thanks

If your using cheap media like Memorex also know or made by Ritek you may need to slow the burn speed down it's best to use 1/2 rated disk speed if 8x burn at 4x as a general guide I leave it set in Fab settings to recommended burn speed it's a pull down box.

Your burn log will tell a lot of info. if you post it we can see whats going on.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jetman4615 View Post
      How do I increase the write speed to disk. The common settings only allows a speed of 4. Consequently, it takes in excess of more the 60 minutes to complete a copy. I am in region 1 using version 9316. Thanks
      If you have DVDFab create an ISO, or Blu-ray file structure only (and not also burn), you can use ImgBurn on your own and set the burn speed. You will not be able to set speeds that the media does not support,

Comment

Originally posted by 3dman7 View Post
        If your using cheap media like Memorex also know or made by Ritek you may need to slow the burn speed down it's best to use 1/2 rated disk speed if 8x burn at 4x as a general guide I leave it set in Fab settings to recommended burn speed it's a pull down box.

Your burn log will tell a lot of info. if you post it we can see whats going on.
        Thanks for the reply. First let me explain that I rip my dvd with version 9316, which asks for inserting a compatible media after the ripping. I use Sony or Verbatim. Yesterday I copied a dvd that took one hour and 38 minutes to complete, and that is to long. I did a few others prior to yesterday, and they all had the same results of one hour plus. I am not aware what burning product is currently being used. At one time it was Imgburn. So, per your request, I attempted to locate the burn folder so I could post it, However, I didn't find it.

Comment

In the screen shot I posted before the( burn engine drop down box) is above the settings for speed.Their you can select burner VSO burner best for dvd's,fab burner for blu rays and 3d blu rays.img burn for both.

The new screen shot shows a arrow click on it, a drop down box appears then select log files and burn log open it and cut and past that log file to a post.
          Your dvd burns should be a lot faster are you sure the burner is good and the burners firmware up to date? This is why the log file is important.
          Attached Files

Comment

How to increase write speed

In the screen shot I posted before the( burn engine drop down box) is above the settings for speed.Their you can select burner VSO burner best for dvd's,fab burner for blu rays and 3d blu rays.img burn for both.

The new screen shot shows a arrow click on it, a drop down box appears then select log files and burn log open it and cut and past that log file to a post.
            Your dvd burns should be a lot faster are you sure the burner is good and the burners firmware up to date? This is why the log file is important.
            2016-10-17 15:18:39 ---- ******************** Log session stop 17-Oct 15:18:39.872 PID 9892********************
            2016-10-17 15:09:55 Info Compatible media types : DVD-R, DVD-RW Seq., DVD-RW RO, DVDRAM, DVD+R, DVD+RW, CD-R, CD-RW, DL DVD+R, DL DVD-R
            2016-10-17 15:09:55 Info Drive has Serial ATA physical interface
            2016-10-17 15:09:55 Info New Drive selected : 0:0:0 - TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB SB01 [D] (Scsi)
            2016-10-17 15:09:55 Info Current Drive selected : 0:0:0 - TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB SB01 [D] (Scsi)
            2016-10-17 15:09:55 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
            2016-10-17 15:09:55 Info System default language : English (United States)
            2016-10-17 15:09:55 Info User default language : English (United States)
            2016-10-17 15:09:55 Info DLL Version : 4.0.21.489
            2016-10-17 15:09:55 Info DLL : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9\vso_hwe.dll
            2016-10-17 15:09:55 Info Version : 9.3.1.6
            2016-10-17 15:09:55 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9\DVDFab.exe
            2016-10-17 15:09:55 Info OS : Professional (Build 9200)
            2016-10-17 15:09:55 ---- ******************** Log session start 17-Oct 15:09:55.584 PID 9892********************
            You were a great help, Thanks. Tomorrow I will be trying the changes I made
            Please review this and advise any additional help.

Comment

Originally posted by MrVideo View Post
              If you have DVDFab create an ISO, or Blu-ray file structure only (and not also burn), you can use ImgBurn on your own and set the burn speed. You will not be able to set speeds that the media does not support,
              MrVideo, thanks for your input, it was appreciated. I have never attempted to create an ISO, simply because I do not know how. I am sure with a little help I could have done it. However, if you check my posts from the other member, he solved my problem which I believe will work for me. Thanks again.

Comment

I need the whole burn log you cut it off where it starts with the data on current burn.

Comment

I need the whole burn log you cut it off where it starts with the data on current burn.
                  I am really confused now. You made it so simple for me to locate the burn log, and how for the life of me, I cannot locate it. I just did locate it.

2016-10-17 19:32:04 ---- ******************** Log session stop 17-Oct 19:32:04.224 PID 4296********************
                  2016-10-17 19:18:57 Info Current Drive selected : 0:0:0 - TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-224DB SB01 [D] (Scsi)
                  2016-10-17 19:18:57 Info Using Advanced SPTI interface
                  2016-10-17 19:18:57 Info System default language : English (United States)
                  2016-10-17 19:18:57 Info User default language : English (United States)
                  2016-10-17 19:18:57 Info DLL Version : 4.0.21.489
                  2016-10-17 19:18:57 Info DLL : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9\vso_hwe.dll
                  2016-10-17 19:18:57 Info Version : 9.3.1.6
                  2016-10-17 19:18:57 Info ExeName : C:\Program Files (x86)\DVDFab 9\DVDFab.exe
                  2016-10-17 19:18:57 Info OS : Professional (Build 9200)
                  2016-10-17 19:18:57 ---- ******************** Log session start 17-Oct 19:18:57.792 PID 4296********************
                  This is all that there is. Can you direct me to process another dvd to see if we can establish a complete burn log.
                  Last edited by jetman4615; 10-18-2016, 12:43 AM. Reason: located a post that I had to include

Comment

Look for burn internal log file and if you have one for img burn it will be their also if you choice img burn in the fab program pull down box.I believe you have the vso burn engine selected in the pull down box in the posted log.
                    Last edited by 3dman; 10-18-2016, 01:20 AM.

Comment

jetman4615 to make an iso just click the icon I have shown below and you'll need to select a folder to write the iso to since they are always written to the hard drive. Easy peasy.
                      Attached Files
                      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

Look for burn internal log file and if you have one for img burn it will be their also if you choice img burn in the fab program pull down box.I believe you have the vso burn engine selected in the pull down box in the posted log.
                        I purchased a new dvd movie and I want to rip it and copy. I selected ImgBurn engine. Write speed is selected at 8x, writeable media DVD 5 size is 4300mb. I do not use bluray media. All my work is standard. I did not select the vso burn engine because it locks in a write speed of 4x which is a one hour plus write to disk. I believe finding the file to add it to Imgburn is going to stump me when I try to locate. Please review this and advise of any changes needed, as I will await for your response before I proceed to rip the disk. Our goal is to establish a complete burn log. Thanks
                        Last edited by jetman4615; 10-18-2016, 08:36 PM. Reason: to add a comment.

Comment

Have you recently upgraded your dvd drives firmware ??
                          Your drive may have riplock.

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
                            jetman4615 to make an iso just click the icon I have shown below and you'll need to select a folder to write the iso to since they are always written to the hard drive. Easy peasy.
                            That could not be any simpler. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by october262 View Post
                              Have you recently upgraded your dvd drives firmware ??
                              Your drive may have riplock.
                              Thanks for reminding me. I just finished the firmware upgrade. Can you expand on your explanation regarding riplock. I am not familiar with it.
                              Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X