updates install but software crashes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updates install but software crashes

I have been dealing with this issue for over 6 months easily now. I have not been able to update the software to the latest version since 9.xx came out. I have to use 8.xx. All of the 9.xx updates will download and install but when the software tries to open, I get an error page with an apology and some blank spaces for contact info asking if I want to send the error report. I have done so at least 12 or more times, I have contacted DVD Fab by email at least 4 or 5 times (with multiple emails each time taking weeks to get replies, if I get a reply at all) I have received basically no help and I'm getting very annoyed at this point. I just want to get back to using the latest version of DVD Fab as I have done for years. I have never had an issue upgrading before and don't understand why its an issue now. I even tried installing the 10.xx alpha or beta version (can't remember which) and it failed as well. Everything else on my computer is working perfectly as always and I have had no other computer related issues at all. It's has to be something within the software. I am running a HP desktop with Win 7 64 bit, 4 GB RAM. Has anyone had similar issues or have any idea whats going on? Any input would be appreciated

Post the Fab error report here so staff can look at it here.Also post internal log file and fab check file so we can get as much data as possible.
    Last edited by 3dman; 10-26-2016, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Does your Internet provider use some sort of Internet
      Protection program ?? If so, disable it and see if dvdfab will run.

Comment

I dont use the forum much, so Im not familiar with how it works, but i'll try. I also dont know where to find all 3 of the items you said to post so I'm going to try and post the error report one that pops up when I try and open the software
        Attached Files
        Last edited by noomey; 10-27-2016, 07:46 PM.

Comment

that seemed to have worked, but not sure where to find the internal log file and fab check files? Especially since the software wont even open (unless I roll back to version 9215, which is the last update that seems to work for me) Tell me how or where to get those files and i'll send them too. THX

Comment

You posted all the log files great now please tell us if your using a cable
            internet security program and if you can turn off the program just to see if Fab will run with it off.If this works let us know then turn it back on till we get back to you.If no cable security program then what do you use for security Norton/bit defender etc?
            Also do a windows update to make sure your windows 7 program has all the updates.
            Last edited by 3dman; 10-27-2016, 09:03 PM. Reason: Added line of text

Comment

Hello noomey,

Please download and install this patch and then try again:

Regards,
              mona

Originally posted by noomey View Post
              I have been dealing with this issue for over 6 months easily now. I have not been able to update the software to the latest version since 9.xx came out. I have to use 8.xx. All of the 9.xx updates will download and install but when the software tries to open, I get an error page with an apology and some blank spaces for contact info asking if I want to send the error report. I have done so at least 12 or more times, I have contacted DVD Fab by email at least 4 or 5 times (with multiple emails each time taking weeks to get replies, if I get a reply at all) I have received basically no help and I'm getting very annoyed at this point. I just want to get back to using the latest version of DVD Fab as I have done for years. I have never had an issue upgrading before and don't understand why its an issue now. I even tried installing the 10.xx alpha or beta version (can't remember which) and it failed as well. Everything else on my computer is working perfectly as always and I have had no other computer related issues at all. It's has to be something within the software. I am running a HP desktop with Win 7 64 bit, 4 GB RAM. Has anyone had similar issues or have any idea whats going on? Any input would be appreciated

Comment

I already tried that patch for the software and it did not work before. I am running Microsoft Security Essentials which I will disable and try to install an update again. I'll post the results. I am not running any other kind of protective software.

Comment

As I suspected, I get the same result when I completely disable Security Essentials. And yes, windows 7 is up to date for sure, I check it on a regular basis, and I checked it again now. The firewall, virus, spyware, and unwanted programs were all turned off through security essentials, I have no other protection on this computer.

Comment

are you running dvdfab " as administrator " ??
                    Have you checked to see if your graphics card drivers are up to date ??
                    Try restarting your computer in safe mode and see if dvdfab will
                    Run.

If all else fails try restoring your computer back to an earlier time.
                    Last edited by october262; 10-29-2016, 03:38 AM.

Comment

I am running dvd fab as administrator, the graphics card's drivers are up to date. I ran in safe mode with networking and the software did update and I was able to get into the software. I did this 2x with 2 different updates (9316 and 9319) and the software opened in both cases. then i ran win 7 normally and opened 9319 and I get the error report again and the software won't open? Does this probably mean that there is something wrong with my video card, or that the card is outdated or not compatible with the newer versions? As I mentioned, the only software that i have issues with is DVD Fab, everything else works fine. It is an old computer, but I dont use it for any high graphic demanding software such as gaming, or CAD, etc. Not sure if I should upgrade the video card or not? Any ideas? Thx

Comment

Have you recently updated the graphics card drivers ??
                        If yes, try rolling back to an older driver. Then try running
                        Dvdfab.

Comment

No i have not updated the drivers at all recently.

Comment

Looking at your computer screen shot whats in specialty programs folder? I am looking for a program that interferes with Fab
                            and is loaded at start up maybe? look at your start up programs and see what the programs running in the background are and post them.Do you have running any dvd by any chance?
                            Last edited by 3dman; 10-29-2016, 09:31 PM.

Comment

So dvdfab will start & run in safe mode correct ??

Comment

Working...
                              X