No announcement yet.

External DVD writer issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this is Fox related. It seems to not want to back up anything that is Fox (20th century fox) or if it does do it it takes forever for it to get to the point of backing up. I have been able to back up using my external drive other then Fox. The one thing I do notice, is when I do back up and then put another one in to back up, it acts like the previous disc. It comes up with that info. So I stop it and try it again and the disc I have in then works.

But again I think this issue I have been having is related to Fox, but I don't know for sure. I have sent the logs in via e-mail but never heard anything.

Comment

This is for sure Fox related. No 20th Century Fox dvd will back up. I am not having any issues with any others. I tried New Girl the final season and not working. I tried Last Man Standing multiple seasons not working and many other Fox related dvd and none seem to back up. But not having any issue at all with other studio releases. So I guess all along it was not a external drive issue it was a Fox issue. Last Man On Earth, New Girl, Last Man Standing, I can go on and on but all of those are Fox releases and none have worked so therefore that is my conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
        This is for sure Fox related. No 20th Century Fox dvd will back up. I am not having any issues with any others. I tried New Girl the final season and not working. I tried Last Man Standing multiple seasons not working and many other Fox related dvd and none seem to back up. But not having any issue at all with other studio releases. So I guess all along it was not a external drive issue it was a Fox issue. Last Man On Earth, New Girl, Last Man Standing, I can go on and on but all of those are Fox releases and none have worked so therefore that is my conclusion.
        Plug the drive back into your Mac and retry a fox DVD,
        Do you get the same issue with the disc not backing up ??

Comment

Yes still not backing up. It is really odd it is only fox related. I randomly picked out several of my dvds, some fox some others and all the other worked perfect but the Fox ones did not. They spin for a bit...then it stops and goes to the screen that says dvdfab encountered a problem do you want to send an email. Then i re start and try again and still same thing. When I try the Fox ones on my Mac it spins forever and then it gets stuck where I have to reboot whole computer. So on PC and Mac it is a problem with Fox dvds

Comment

Originally posted by kshduckman1170 View Post
            Yes still not backing up. It is really odd it is only fox related. I randomly picked out several of my dvds, some fox some others and all the other worked perfect but the Fox ones did not. They spin for a bit...then it stops and goes to the screen that says dvdfab encountered a problem do you want to send an email. Then i re start and try again and still same thing. When I try the Fox ones on my Mac it spins forever and then it gets stuck where I have to reboot whole computer. So on PC and Mac it is a problem with Fox dvds
            try the latest version of dvdfab - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...tember-27-2018
            Fix: A crash problem when opening DVD discs in certain cases

Comment

Seems the new 11 upgrade solved every issue I was having, so far at least all seems to be perfect and great. Weird but happy about that

Comment

Working...
              X