Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please provide Feedback on the new DVDFab v11 here!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LaciBacsi View Post

Windows 10 Pro x64 (Version 1803, build 17134.345). I just did the update to 11.0.0.1 (within the app) and it still created two quicklaunch bar icons. See screenshot:
    Click image for larger version Name:	quicklaunch.JPG Views:	1 Size:	8.7 KB ID:	360880
    @DoctorJellybean &@LaciBacsi, the quicklaunch bar icon problem will be fixed in next build.

Comment

Originally posted by ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 View Post

Missing is the two arrow buttons which allow you to advance the video forward or backward at least 1 second per click.

In the current version using either the red or blue sliders you do not have the fine tooth control that we previously had when using the above mentioned missing buttons.

Should you add these buttons back, it would help if you could add a setting next to the buttons for finer control such as 1 Second, ½ Second, or per frame so a user could set it as needed.
      I have passed it to our product manager. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by mlipar View Post
        How about an option to change GUI colors?
        Do you mean changing the skin? Click image for larger version  Name:	Change skin.png Views:	1 Size:	93.4 KB ID:	360908

Comment

Originally posted by Paultx View Post
          I just installed DVDFab 11 (11.0.0.1) x64 and now I have both 10 and 11 versions. Can I uninstall DVDFab 10?
          Sure, you can uninstall DVDFab 10 if you don't want to keep both versions.

Comment

Originally posted by cycler1 View Post
            When analyzing the source of titles, the blurred icons (Copy, Ripper, etc.) are hard to look at. It was much cleaner when it was the HD quality (easy on the eyes).

The captures show a 64 bit version and an x86 version. On the Home page, the dl options are 64 and 32 and the 32 gives you x86. This is confusing for users who are not tech savvy.

Beyond these, I found the features to be excellent.
            1. We will improve the displaying of the blurred icons when analyzing source.
            2. The description of "x86 version" has been corrected.
            Thank you for feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by eisenb11 View Post
              Just installed, pretty neat. Some feedback.
              1. BUG: When you change the destination directory (bottom of window), the new destination doesn't appear unless you exit and restart Fab. Old bug, I had originally reported it when Fab 10 came out and was fixed.
              2. Too much wasted space at the top of the screen. You have 3 rows: the titlebar, the icons, the text "task queue manager". At the least, the task queue manager should be in the same row as the icons. There is plenty of room for it to the left and that will save a lot of space. Additionally, it would be nice to have the option for smaller icons or icons without the text - that will save a lot more space.
              3. The colors are a bit loud - can there be a "boring" option - just grays and whites like Office. The current white theme, it too white! ha

Otherwise, so far so good. I like that the different pop up windows have been eliminated and all happen in the main app window now. A lot cleaner and less intrusive.
              For the BUG part, we are trying to reproduce it, will keep you updated.
              For the rest of your feedback, I have passed them to our product manager.

Thanks a lot for all of yours and other users' feedback regarding DVDFab11 to help us improve it, we really appreciate it.

Comment

DVDFab x64 11.0.0.1

This morning I decided to use the Ripper module to rip two DVDs to MKV default, both disks each in a different drive.

The first DVD went just fine, But when the second DVD started, the only way you could tell it was actually working is it was only showing the percentage done. Other than that, it wasn't showing the frame rate, the progress bar or the progress log. It looked like it was just sitting there waiting for you to hit the start button, only the start button wasn't there cause it was already running.

The resulting video files finished just fine though.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorJellybean View Post

I must have missed it as I can't recall seeing the custom option (not in the update installation anyway). I'll be doing a Windows re-install soon and will keep my eyes peeled.
                  You are correct. You can only select the option if you install from a file, not within the app.

Comment

I do like the fact that you can now view the task log even after the process completes and you get and close the finished splash screen ("i" icon on the main screen at the extreme right of the title bar). Not sure if this option was available in 10 (if it was, it was hidden somewhere).

Comment

My A/V receiver cannot decode so in Version 10 I always choose the (Removee HD option) in this cas DTS 5.1 (Remove HD)
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	Version 10.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	360942

When I tried Version 11 the option to remove DTS HD Master the option to pick DTS 5.1 wasn't there making it unusable for me.

Name:	Version 11.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	360943

Comment

Originally posted by LaciBacsi View Post

You are correct. You can only select the option if you install from a file, not within the app.
                        Another bug then?

Comment

I tried to use the BluRay Ripper in the new version 11.0.0.1; if you look at the pictures I added below. I added a disc and then edited the title of each episode to reflect the actual episode name, when I dragged and dropped a second disc to the queue the edits to each episode name that I did were wiped out and reverted to the original. This behavior did not happen in V10, could you please correct it?

Name:	DVDFab11PreEdit.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	21.6 KB
ID:	360963Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDFab11PostEdit.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	21.9 KB
ID:	360962Click image for larger version

Name:	DVDFab11PostAddOf2ndDisc.JPG
Views:	169
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	360964
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by beerman64 View Post
                            My A/V receiver cannot decode so in Version 10 I always choose the (Removee HD option) in this cas DTS 5.1 (Remove HD)

When I tried Version 11 the option to remove DTS HD Master the option to pick DTS 5.1 wasn't there making it unusable for me.
                            To have the option for "Remove HD" shown, please be sure to mark the option "CopyAudio" in the Advanced Settings window.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	Remove HD audio.png Views:	1 Size:	118.3 KB ID:	360974

Comment

Originally posted by ゲゲゲの鬼太郎 View Post
                              DVDFab x64 11.0.0.1

This morning I decided to use the Ripper module to rip two DVDs to MKV default, both disks each in a different drive.

The first DVD went just fine, But when the second DVD started, the only way you could tell it was actually working is it was only showing the percentage done. Other than that, it wasn't showing the frame rate, the progress bar or the progress log. It looked like it was just sitting there waiting for you to hit the start button, only the start button wasn't there cause it was already running.

The resulting video files finished just fine though.
                              I could not reproduce this "second DVD not showing process" problem, please try again, if still have the same problem, please send us screenshots of the process and post dvdfab_internal.log file too. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm@Home View Post
                                I tried to use the BluRay Ripper in the new version 11.0.0.1; if you look at the pictures I added below. I added a disc and then edited the title of each episode to reflect the actual episode name, when I dragged and dropped a second disc to the queue the edits to each episode name that I did were wiped out and reverted to the original. This behavior did not happen in V10, could you please correct it?
                                Thank you for report, we reproduce it, we will check it out as soon as possible.

Comment

Working...
                                X