Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please provide Feedback on the new DVDFab v11 here!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please provide Feedback on the new DVDFab v11 here!

Please use this open thread to provide feedback on the new version of DVDFab. Things you like ( or don't like), missing feature, something not working right etc.The designers and developers will be watching the thread to see what needs improvement.

All,
    Thanks for your feedback during the transition to DVDFab v11. Going forward, please use the normal Software Support or General Questions forums for any problems or questions. Please choose a thread prefix that reflects the version number and type you are using. This thread is now closed.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Under common settings/blu ray write/drives the choice with check box for don't eject disk when burn finished is not showing only the very top can be seen using 1080P dpi is at 175% but changing it to 100% makes no difference in windows 10.At 4k resolution everything shows fine so check it at 1080p windows 10.

Comment

I tried DVDFab 11 beta today, and would like to offer some initial feedback:

1. New skins are so so, would like to have some of the old skins back or added as an options. Or how about the option of simpler skins where the user can just pick a simple plain color background with contrasting text. The only option for a plain background now is white.

2. When backing up a DVD9 to DVD5 media, (Fill disk or Main Movie) the compression amount is no longer showing. This is a major omission that needs to be fixed.

3. One of my main complaints (as well as from several other users in the past) is the inability of DVDFab to identify forced subtitles and mark it as default (on) in Blu-ray Main Movie copy mode. This STILL does not work. Software players such as PowerDVD as well as standalone players can recognize a forced subtitle and automatically turn it on, so there must be some code that tells the player a certain track is forced subtitle. Why DVDFab cannot be fixed to allow this is beyond me. I know a user can manually set this when copying, but the user first has to know there is a forced subtitle track. Can you PLEASE fix this so DVDFab will recognize it.

4. I had put a simple request a while back, that when installing, that there be an option to install icons on the quick launch bar or not. An option for a desktop icon is given, but not for quick launch bar. As it still now is, it places icons there by default. PLEASE. This is a very simple request.

5. Haven't tried the customize mode yet, which had some bugs in it the last time I tired it several versions back, and finally gave up on it out of frustration. Will try some time later and see if that has been fixed or improved.

5. In short summary for now, the only real change I saw was the GUI (and the new bug in #2 above). I only use the DVD Copy and Blu-ray copy modules, so other user may see improvements in other modules they use. I am sure there are some other under the hood changes as well, as described in the release notes.

This is strange … the compression amount now shows on the main screen for DVD9 to DVD5. Not sure why it didn't show before, but now it does. Could be a random bug.

Comment

I just downloaded and installed the 64 bit beta and checked to see how the youtube downloader and got a message it only works on the 86 bit version and prompted me to download again.

I have the paid version for this module.

Comment

Good afternoon,
          In the new version of today 18/10/2018 of DVDFab 11 this same problem persists.

Good Morning, I'm trying to create a UHD Blu-ray and I charge the MKV, with the movie THE HUNT FOR RED OCTOBER, dolby vision and all the audio and subtitles,

regards

Comment

I provided some feedback under DVDFab x64. This topic had not yet been atsrted here, so could you please move it here. Thank you.

[actually this thread was here, but I have moved your feedback from x64.]

Comment

Here is something I really don't like is the blur of the Gui while opening a disc it only shows the bar clear the rest of the GUI is blurred and isn't pleasant on the eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Faith View Post
                Under common settings/blu ray write/drives the choice with check box for don't eject disk when burn finished is not showing only the very top can be seen using 1080P dpi is at 175% but changing it to 100% makes no difference in windows 10.At 4k resolution everything shows fine so check it at 1080p windows 10.
                Hi Faith,

The problem in 175% can be reproduced, but not with 100%. Please show us a screenshot about the displaying under 100% dpi.

Comment

Originally posted by XX14 View Post
                  I just downloaded and installed the 64 bit beta and checked to see how the youtube downloader and got a message it only works on the 86 bit version and prompted me to download again.

I have the paid version for this module.
                  We need time to add it to the 64-bit version, thank you for your feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by LaciBacsi View Post
                    3. One of my main complaints (as well as from several other users in the past) is the inability of DVDFab to identify forced subtitles and mark it as default (on) in Blu-ray Main Movie copy mode. This STILL does not work. Software players such as PowerDVD as well as standalone players can recognize a forced subtitle and automatically turn it on, so there must be some code that tells the player a certain track is forced subtitle. Why DVDFab cannot be fixed to allow this is beyond me. I know a user can manually set this when copying, but the user first has to know there is a forced subtitle track. Can you PLEASE fix this so DVDFab will recognize it.

4. I had put a simple request a while back, that when installing, that there be an option to install icons on the quick launch bar or not. An option for a desktop icon is given, but not for quick launch bar. As it still now is, it places icons there by default. PLEASE. This is a very simple request.
                    About #3, it's been discussed in your previous thread, any updates regarding this will be updated to that thread.
                    About #4, the quick launch bar icon feature doesn't work well under Windows 10, you can manually pin the DVDFab icon there.

The rest of your feedback will be passed to our developers.

Comment

Hi Mona here's the screenshot hope you can see the missing box in red should be their.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_16.png
Views:	260
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	360679

Comment

Mona your correct 175% is the only one effected the screenshot i sent is at 175% it's hard to read at 100 percent on hi resolution screens so I had to use 175% and 4k resolution is fine also.
                        I also agree with another poster the blur is hard on the eyes in post #7.

Comment

Mona, I guess you misunderstood what I was trying to say. The quick launch icons DO show up as default. I was requesting the option not to show up on the quick launch. Its not a big deal cause I can manually delete it myself as I usually do (my quick launch bar is already too well populated with other things I need there) , but since the option to place a desktop icon is offered, just thought it would be nice to have the same option for quick launch bar. Again not really a Fab 11 issue so thanks anyway,

Comment

Originally posted by LaciBacsi View Post
                            Mona, I guess you misunderstood what I was trying to say. The quick launch icons DO show up as default. I was requesting the option not to show up on the quick launch. Its not a big deal cause I can manually delete it myself as I usually do (my quick launch bar is already too well populated with other things I need there) , but since the option to place a desktop icon is offered, just thought it would be nice to have the same option for quick launch bar. Again not really a Fab 11 issue so thanks anyway,
                            That's weird, DVDFab 11 doesn't support to create the quick launch bar icon. What is your OS? Please provide detailed version info. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by XX14 View Post
                              Here is something I really don't like is the blur of the Gui while opening a disc it only shows the bar clear the rest of the GUI is blurred and isn't pleasant on the eyes.
                              I also agree with another poster the blur is hard on the eyes in post #7.
                              Hi XX14 and Faith, we will reconsider this section, thank you for feedback.

Comment

Working...
                              X