Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please provide Feedback on the new DVDFab v11 here!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorJellybean View Post

Another bug then?
    It's not a bug, install within the app, is to install update to the existed directory, it would not allow to change installation directory.

Comment

I often rip multiple discs to my hard drive. Prior to version 11, after closing the Task Queue Manager (three clicks, for some reason: OK, Finish, and Close), I can immediately begin ripping the next disc I insert into the computer by pressing Start.

Now, beginning with version 11, after closing the Task Queue Manager, the program will not become ready to rip the next disc: The "Start: button is missing. I have to close DVD Fab v11 completely and restart the program for each disc I want to rip to my hard drive.

I'll continue using version 10 until someone deigns to explain how the version 11 functions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mona View Post

It's not a bug, install within the app, is to install update to the existed directory, it would not allow to change installation directory.
        What I meant was the standalone installer allows a custom install to deselect the Desktop shortcut creation, but the in-app update doesn't. It gets automatically created.

Comment

Originally posted by teh roxxors View Post
          I often rip multiple discs to my hard drive. Prior to version 11, after closing the Task Queue Manager (three clicks, for some reason: OK, Finish, and Close), I can immediately begin ripping the next disc I insert into the computer by pressing Start.

Now, beginning with version 11, after closing the Task Queue Manager, the program will not become ready to rip the next disc: The "Start: button is missing. I have to close DVD Fab v11 completely and restart the program for each disc I want to rip to my hard drive.

I'll continue using version 10 until someone deigns to explain how the version 11 functions.
          Thank you for report, we are checking it now.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorJellybean View Post

What I meant was the standalone installer allows a custom install to deselect the Desktop shortcut creation, but the in-app update doesn't. It gets automatically created.
            Thank you for your explanation, we will look into it as soon as possible.

Comment

Several versions back of DVDFab 10, when using the option to create a custom copy (Blu-ray Copy) the user had the option to use the original menu or create a custom menu. Under the custom menu options, the user had many options to choose from, including background image and even fonts and font sizes. It appears that in version 11 many of these options are gone. User has choice of only two background images (3 if you download the extra available) but no option to change fonts (except for the main title) and very limited option to resize the selection text. You used to also be able to do some customizing on the second screen which is the display of the scene thumbnails, which really should be labeled as "Titles" not "Scenes. Normally, Scenes are the chapter of a title with a thumbnail preview, but the custom menu option treats each separate title as a scene. There is no way to change the text from 'Scene' to correctly display 'Title', and there doesn't even appear to be a way to give each scene a text title or label underneath the thumbnail. So if you combine several titles, you really have no way of identifying them other than the thumbnail preview, which may or may not be enough to identify it. It appears that much of the functionality of creating a custom menu has been diminished since the last time I tried it (which was several versions back, and I gave up on because it kept crashing). Thought I would try it in the new release and was surprised at the change. It does seem to now work without crashing, or at least it didn't this time, but functionality and customization is greatly limited.

This could have been changed in a more recent version of 10 since I hadn't checked in a while, but it would be nice to have the options that were previously there restored (without the crashes of course, lol).
              Last edited by LaciBacsi; 10-29-2018, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Haven't seen this being posted yet but when copying a disc the program switches to the Task Queue which was normal processing of task but once it gets to writing of an ISO file the task queue goes blank for my installation. If I change back to the copy option and back to the Task Queue it will show the progress of the writing. If needed I can provide a video to show the change going from tasks to blank GUI screen.

Comment

Originally posted by dmpmfd View Post
                  Haven't seen this being posted yet but when copying a disc the program switches to the Task Queue which was normal processing of task but once it gets to writing of an ISO file the task queue goes blank for my installation. If I change back to the copy option and back to the Task Queue it will show the progress of the writing. If needed I can provide a video to show the change going from tasks to blank GUI screen.
                  It's known and will be fixed in the coming version. Please kindly wait for update. Thank you.

Comment

11.0.0.2 running on Windows 10. At launch it always asks for computer authorization. When I enter email and password it authorizes and shows my products (DVD copy & Ripper lifetime) and lets me do what I need to do. Next startup it requires all that info again. Every time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimroy View Post
                      11.0.0.2 running on Windows 10. At launch it always asks for computer authorization. When I enter email and password it authorizes and shows my products (DVD copy & Ripper lifetime) and lets me do what I need to do. Next startup it requires all that info again. Every time.
                      Please post the dvdfab_iternal.log file and the xml file which is under C:\Users\user name\AppData\Roaming\DVDFab11 to help check this problem, thank you.

Comment

Hi guys,

We have made some improvements in DVDFab v11.0.0.2, please kindly update to check it out.

For "what's new" detail, please check: https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/dvdfab...018#post361222

Thanks.

Comment

Mona:Could we please get the lighthouse skin back for version 11?

Comment

Thanks Mona, hope this is what you are asking for. FYI, I have no problems using DVDFab 10. Thanks. Fab_Log.txt

Comment

Mona, thanks for looking into my problem. I unistalled 11.0.0.2 and redownloaded/reinstalled and it appears to be working normally now. Thanks again.

Comment

After using DVDFab 11 for about 10 days, I would like to give an honest feedback. No disrespect to the coders and I still think DVDFab is a great product, albeit a bit pricey, I have not seen any substantial improvements from 10 to 11. I only use DVD copy and Blu-ray copy modules, so will just focus on those two.

As far as speed improvements, I have seen none. I ran a handful of DVD's and Blu-rays in the various modes (Clone, Full Disc copy and Main Movie copy). In some cases, 11 took slightly longer to complete the task. No apparent change in quality (of course the quality was already very good). The options and settings available, are mostly the same as they were in 10. (Still waiting for forced subtitle recognition in Blu-ray Main Movie copy … I know, I know …. developers re working on it). There are some changes from earlier versions of 10 and 11 when using custom menu in the Customize mode. Although 11.0.0.2 brought back some abilities available in older versions, I am still unable to set my own background for a menu. The icon for that appears to be there but it is greyed out. Maybe I am using it wrong. I don't use this mode too often cause it really is not very customizable, thus not making it very usable, for me anyways.

So the only real major changes I have seen in my use, are the GUI changes, which personally, I do not like. Would be nice to have a user option to change the skin to a solid background other than just white. (The skins in 10 were nice, but don't care for the new ones). The splash screen at startup is very "loud" and bright. The splash screen used in 10 was much better in my opinion and a little more "classy". The new one seems a bit "cartoonish". If you don't change it, at least please tone it down. The docked task que manager is ok, but would be nice to have an option to undock it (so it would be a separate windows as in 10) or dock it. User options are always nice. Yes, they involve a bit more coding but probably happier end users.The blurred window while doing the initial load and scan of a disc is really annoying and hard on the eyes. It is natural for the eyes to try to bring objects into focus, thus I find this a strain on my eyes. Do coders keep ergonomics in mind when designing GUI? If you want to remove focus from that window, perhaps just slightly fading it (as is done in many other apps) would be much better on the eyes and something users are used to. Of my many, many apps, this is the first time I have seen this used. Several other users have commented on this too, so I am not alone. Please : No blurred windows!!

There may have been major changes in the other modules, but since I don't use those, I cant comment. Although based on posts I have read, it appears some bugs have surfaced in other modules that were not in 10. Perhaps this still needs to be called a Beta version. (Yes, I know DVD Fab is a continuous work in progress to keep up with changes in protection, etc.).

All that being said, I cannot understand why these changes resulted in a new revision number. Perhaps 10.3 would have been a better version number than 11. I know introducing a new version number is often just a marketing tool (other software companies do this too) and a new GUI gives the user that feel that they are using something newer, but under the hood, I have not really noticed any improvements. One small change I did see that I think is positive in 11.0.0.2 is it no longer installs icons on the quick launch bar (though some users may have liked that, and as previously suggested a user option to have it or not, just as you do for the desktop icon, would have been better. But for me, I don't mind that its gone).

For now, I am keeping 10.2.1.7 installed and will continue to use that, except for newer titles with new protections supported only in 11.

A suggestion for the future : When introducing a new versions, perhaps you could continue to support both versions as far as protection removal so the users can run both in a parallel mode until the new version becomes stable, most bugs worked out, and you respond (if you respond) to changes (such as the GUI) requested by users. I know you can't respond to all requests but if enough people complain about an item (such as the blurred window) perhaps you will make a change. This way a user is not forced to immediately use the new version if new protection removal is needed that is now only available in the new version. This should probably be a one or two month process at the most. It would likely for more work for the coders, I understand that, and is probably not likely to happen, but wanted to suggest it anyways.

I apologize if I was too honest here and hope I did not offend, but as a long-time user of DVDFab (almost since the beginning), I felt compelled to give an honest, albeit very subjective, opinion. Overall, even with my dislikes with version 11 GUI, I still think it is a great product. Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                                X