Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ashley
    replied
    Hi,gkman1, thanks for the update. We are glad your issue has been fixed.

Leave a comment:

• gkman1
    replied
    Well, adding the LG internal drive fixed the issue.....Thanks for all of your help....

Leave a comment:

• ゲゲゲの鬼太郎
    replied
    Depending on whether you are using USB 2.0 or 3.0 it can have a big difference in speed.

But yeah, an 8X optical drive compared to an 16X optical drive would definitely be slower and take longer to process.

One of the reasons I recommend more than one internal Hard Drives is this,......

Temp directory, directory you write to, and other write operations.

So when using DVDFab, I usually have the Temp folder set to one drive and the write folder set to another drive so as to speed up operations. Cause if it's doing everything to one drive at the same time, all those multiple writes would slow it down where as using multiple drives for multiple operations at the same time speeds up performance.

It's basically the same thing speed wise as using RAID to speed your drives up. But in this case, you're applying it differently.

Leave a comment:

• gkman1
    replied
    I think I may have figured out the problem…..I researched the read speeds of my dvd drives……Old computer was reading at 16X and new computer at 8X…….I never thought a newer computer would read slower….Also, my old blu ray drive was reading at 8X and I just ordered an LG BU40N internal blu ray drive for my new computer. The LG will still read DVDs at 8x and blu rays at 6X. Hope this helps me. One other note….I did buy an external USB 3.0 blu ray writer and it was incredibly slow…I returned it. Is going through USB much slower reading times? It was stating over 3 hours to finish the disc and it wouldn't even finish.....just stopped with error codes....

Leave a comment:

• Faith
    replied
    Just a thought here you say you connected a blu ray drive externally to USB in post #5 did you connect it to the high speed labeled in blue inputs for hi speed transfer?
    Also try a different USB blue input and sometimes unpowered UBS port extenders can't be used and transfer at high speed.One last thought try changing the wire to another to the external blu ray drive I seen connectors get loose on them some are cheaply made.

Leave a comment:

• ゲゲゲの鬼太郎
    replied
    Was just checking my bookmarks to see if I still have that software bookmarked.

http://www.fs-driver.org/ Ext2 IFS For Windows

This piece of software is what I have used in the past to access both OEM Recovery partitions and Linux drives from my windows systems. I haven't tried it with Windows 10 yet, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work. It allows you to assign a drive letter to these drives or partitions so you can access them or if you decide you no longer want to access the drive or partition you can remove the drive letter.

It's a very simple and elegant piece of software.

Leave a comment:

• ゲゲゲの鬼太郎
    replied
    I would use this as a Last Resort in your case
    But if it was my system, I would just go ahead and do this if I was unable to diagnose and fix the problem when working directly on the system.

If it comes down to it, you could do this to solve the problem if you are good with computers or know someone who is good with them.

1 - Check to see if there is any new Firmware available for your system before you go any further, this may fix your problem.

------ If new firmware does not fix problem, then continue

2 - Make sure you have your installation media

3 - Download all OEM Drivers for the system - when possible down newest drivers from parts manufacturer as OEM may not always have newest drivers.

4 - Ignore OEM software as any one piece of this may be what's causing the problem.

5 - Backup the linux partition (the restore partition) of your hard drive just in case you decide you need this. You can use a flash drive of the same size as the partition. You might need a piece of software that lets you access and read Linux partitions with Windows Explorer.

6 - Wipe the drive including Restore partition and do a fresh installation of windows, installing the drivers when needed.

Just make sure you have your windows key handy before you attempt to do this.

But for the most part, fresh installations usually fix such any such problems caused by OEMs.

If you decide to use any of the OEM software, carefully check each piece out first and use Google to make sure there won't be any problems caused by any of it. Look for the problematic reviews, not the "all coming up daises" reviews as those are not the reviews you want to look for. The problematic reviews are the ones which are the honest ones which tell the truth as it is.

Leave a comment:

• gkman1
    replied
    I checked and "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding & encoding was unchecked......I just can't figure out why my older computer was faster with the dvd and blu ray transfers.....

Leave a comment:

• october262
    replied
    Originally posted by gkman1 View Post
    My new computer is working great except I can't increase the transfer rate when using DVD FAB.....Blu rays transfer at 2.40 MBS then eventually just stop.....I'm leaning toward it might be the graphic card....Everything in my older computer works fine when transferring files...very frustrating.....
    start dvdfab and in the upper right hand corner click the little arrow - click common settings - AV Codec - and see if you have the
    "Disable all GPU codecs for decoding & encoding" checkbox checked, if it is, un check it and restart dvdfab and retry
    your Blu ray disc again.

also try checking & temporarily disabling your antivirus software as sometimes those programs can slow a computer down.

Leave a comment:

• gkman1
    replied
    I looked at the setting that DVD Fab was assigned to in my old computer and saw that everything was set to "software" instead of "intel quick sync" and CPU cores running was set to 4 instead of 12......Still twice as slow as old computer......

Leave a comment:

• ゲゲゲの鬼太郎
    replied
    Only thing I can suggest right now is to have the task manager open to the Processes Tab, make sure it shows details from all users and just keep an eye on the CPU and Memory percentages while you do different things including when you run DVDFab to find out what may be causing the problem.

Anything that looks suspicious you can google.

You're going to have to go through the process of elimination as something is causing the problem as it did on my daughters laptop.

I wish I could remember what it was that cause the problem on her system as it's probably something similar which HP is probably using to keep tabs on the system or supposedly speed up it's connection. But in reality has the effect of causing slow downs.

Good Luck

Leave a comment:

• gkman1
    replied
    My new computer is working great except I can't increase the transfer rate when using DVD FAB.....Blu rays transfer at 2.40 MBS then eventually just stop.....I'm leaning toward it might be the graphic card....Everything in my older computer works fine when transferring files...very frustrating.....

Leave a comment:

• ゲゲゲの鬼太郎
    replied
    checked the specs for your system and it appears to be a fairly decent system.

Couldn't check the software specs though what with how the HP site is setup to auto detect your system.

Although personally I would order a new case and transfer everything from the old to the new case, then you could add an internal Blue Ray burner and an additional hard drive so as to avoid any bottlenecks caused by using the USB ports. Make sure you take pictures of any connectors and jumpers if you do change cases.

I'm partial to Corsair cases. Tried to find a picture of the one I currently have which looks like a WWII ammunition case but I couldn't find any pictures.

I use Liquid cooling with the radiator installed in the top, Two DVD Burners, a Blue Ray Burner and three internal drives with five external drives connected to it.

Been wanting to replace my video card for a while now as mine is older than yours, it's a Sapphire HD4770 OC Edition
    Last edited by ゲゲゲの鬼太郎; 02-10-2019, 12:57 AM. Reason: input the wrong model number of video card

Leave a comment:

• gkman1
    replied
    I checked the graphics card in my other computer...It is an AMD Radeon HD 6670

Leave a comment:

• gkman1
    replied
    Also, I'm running Windows 10 Home version....Build 1809

Leave a comment:

Working...
X