Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gkman1
    replied
    Thanks for everyone's suggestion...I went to device manager and updated every driver listed....I did a search on fixing a slow computer on the HP590-p0070 and didn't find anything that would help....I also went into start up and diabled many programs......The processor is a Ci7 8700 3.20 Ghz...............When transferring files from a DVD , I'm getting 4.0MBs....My other computer I was transferring at 10MBs....Is there a setting with DVD Fab that needs changed....or could it be the graphics card which is an intel UHD 630....When I connected a USB external blu ray, transfer rates on a blu ray were 3.0MBs...compared to my older machine which was getting about 18-20 MBs.....Any thoughts???

Leave a comment:

• ゲゲゲの鬼太郎
    replied
    Two things I can think of here......

First and foremost is it's a new system!

So check the processes running in the background. Windows 10 Default configuration can have some unwanted processes running in the background which may cause said slow down.

Second would be Bloatware/garbage from HP running in the background that could be slowing the system down.

I just recently got my daughter a 17" Dell laptop powerful enough to create Bitcoin if she wanted to as she needs it for VR Modeling in college. I found that there was a couple of Dell Garbage processes used for monitoring which sucked up the bandwidth and slowed the system down. Once I disabled this garbage and prevented it from being auto-reinstalled, the system simply flew compared with how slow it was previously.

So my recommendation here is to do a bit of research on the system you purchased in regards to "how to fix system slow down on new {insert model number without brackets}"

And while you're at it, research any processes you're not sure of.

Good Luck

As for the Video card, I have no experience with Intel UHD Graphics

BTW....

If said system has Windows Home on it, you can easily upgrade it to Professional using the Key from a legitimate Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate DVD that you own.
    Just go into Settings > System > About - The click on "Change product key or upgrade your edition or Windows" then Enter the Windows 7 Pro or Ultimate Key and reboot the system. This will upgrade your system to Windows 10 Professional

Leave a comment:

• october262
    replied
    what are the specs for the new computer ??
    and does it have all the latest updates
    also try checking for a driver update for
    your computer's graphics card.

Leave a comment:

• gkman1
    replied
    I should add that my computer has the Intel UHD Graphics 630 card

Leave a comment:

• gkman1
    started a topic slow transfer rates with new computer??

slow transfer rates with new computer??

My older computer transferred data twice as fast as my new computer.....New computer (HP) is taking over 3 hours to copy files where as the old computer 30 minutes....Any suggestions on speeding up the transfer times....Thx
Working...
X