Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

unable to get mkv videos to pass through.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The re-recordable disk I burned would not play. So I burned a regular 100 GB BD. It plays, but not smoothly. The video looks like it is playing at 7 FPS, or perhaps like it is pausing at 7 hz. Otherwise the video looks pretty good. But I think I am seeing some degradation of the image. What I am seeing is some slight color banding in two places, and some slight patchy noise in the most difficult clips.
    I tried an experiment. I loaded the .mp4 file from Premier. I didn't get the warning. Perhaps I need to set it to passthrough mode before I load the file. I knew how to do that in the old version but don't see it in the new version.

Comment

I do not see that I can set "pass through mode" in this new version !

Comment

@MicheleM79
        Hi, your issue has been fixed. Please wait for the next new version, thanks.

Comment

@Crash Landing
          Your source ShortSample.mkv is not compatible with UHD. You can use Media Info to analyze the file information. It is Main 10@L5@Main. Not Main 10@L5.1@High.

Your file is lacking the following mastering_display information:
          Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
          Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0050 cd/m2, max: 4000 cd/m2

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post
            @MicheleM79
            Hi, your issue has been fixed. Please wait for the next new version, thanks.
            Wow! Many thanks, great news
            I can't wait to try the new release.

Thanks again,
            Michele

Comment

Originally posted by MicheleM79 View Post

Wow! Many thanks, great news
              I can't wait to try the new release.

Thanks again,
              Michele
              Hi Ashley,
              I updated DVDFab to last release and tested the MKV file sample I uploaded to you (one of those who was giving the problem).
              As you confirmed the problem is gone and now I can use the passthrough function. The program completes the work correctly
              and creates the folder output with the UHD structure.
              At this point, however, by looking at the resulting m2ts file I found a problem, I tested it with Media Player Classic, VLC and
              DVDFab Player 5. The video is corrupt, about 1 min from the beginning.
              I also have another request but let's solve one thing at a time
              The MKV file to be analyzed is the same already uploaded, the log related to this test is attached.

Thanks a lot,
              Michele
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Ashley,
                I updated DVDFab to last release and tested the MKV file sample I uploaded to you (one of those who was giving the problem).
                As you confirmed the problem is gone and now I can use the passthrough function. The program completes the work correctly
                and creates the folder output with the UHD structure.
                At this point, however, by looking at the resulting m2ts file I found a problem, I tested it with Media Player Classic, VLC and
                DVDFab Player 5. The video is corrupt, about 1 min from the beginning.
                I also have another request but let's solve one thing at a time
                The MKV file to be analyzed is the same already uploaded, the log related to this test is attached.

Thanks a lot,
                Michele
                Hi guys,
                any news about this? Have you been able to reproduce the error?
                If not let me know so we can work together about it.

Thanks,
                Michele

Comment

Hi guys,
                  any news about this? Have you been able to reproduce the error?
                  If not let me know so we can work together about it.

Thanks,
                  Michele
                  Hi, the developer asks you to try with the next official new version, thanks. The current version is 11.0.2.9.

Comment

Hi, the developer asks you to try with the next official new version, thanks. The current version is 11.0.2.9.
                    Hi Ashley, thanks for the reply.
                    Surely I'll test the next version and let you know.

Michele

Comment

Hi Ashley, thanks for the reply.
                      Surely I'll test the next version and let you know.

Michele
                      Hi, please try with DVDFab 11.0.3.1 at http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm and let us know, thanks.

Comment

Hi, please try with DVDFab 11.0.3.1 at http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm and let us know, thanks.
                        Hi Ashley,
                        thanks for the new version and suggestions.
                        I downloaded DVDFab 11.0.3.1 but now I can't try the UHD Creator module, because the trial period is expired.
                        Obviously I'll buy the program if it works, but at the moment I would just try and evaluate. What can I do?

Thanks,
                        Michele

Comment

Hi Ashley,
                          thanks for the new version and suggestions.
                          I downloaded DVDFab 11.0.3.1 but now I can't try the UHD Creator module, because the trial period is expired.
                          Obviously I'll buy the program if it works, but at the moment I would just try and evaluate. What can I do?

Thanks,
                          Michele
                          Hi Ashley,
                          don't mind my previous message. I decided to put a total trust in your product, since you are always present here on the forum to solve problems and with new versions things work and improve, and I PURCHASED THE COMPLETE PACK "DVDFab all in one" with lifetime license. I tested the problem we were talking about and now it is no longer present, thanks!
                          I proceed with the movie authoring, if I encounter problems I will open a new thread and talk about it.
                          At the moment, thank you very much.
                          Michele

Comment

Working...
                          X