Need help with flash drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with flash drive

I need some help. I have a 2TB flash drive and I have been trying to download movies but after 4 movies are copied it stops loading. After that any movie downloaded deletes an earlier movie. I have reformatted, deleted and gone on line for help but to no avail can anyone help?

what format is the flash drive formatted as ??
    NTFS or FAT32

Comment

Can I asked where you purchased the Flash drive?

For what you are describing I think it may be a Fake drive. As in a smaller drive programmed to state it is a larger size.

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

qman7112 I have been the victim of these "Fake-drives" several times in the past. Here is a link to a utility (H2Testw.exe) that will test and help you determine if you have a fake drive (or just google H2test).

https://www.softpedia.com/get/System.../H2testw.shtml

FYI, it may take several hours to run the test … takes around 30 minutes to test a 32GB USB 3 flash drive, so do the math. It basically writes data at each memory location then tries to read it back and verify. Nothing fancy, but it does the job. I had several 256 GB micro cards that each failed half-way through so those were actually only 128 GB capacity. (Had no trouble returning these to amazon). If the price seems suspiciously low, they are likely fake.
          Last edited by LaciBacsi; 06-24-2019, 04:42 AM.

Comment

It was bought on line and i believe that is from China because of what appears to be Chinese characters on the holder

Comment

I don't know what format windows uses but that is what I used

Comment

Working...
              X