This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maineman View Post
    No, installing the older regkeys with current versions won't work, as others have stated.
    After the 30-day trial, the app will revert to the freeware version.

There was a period of time that you could run Fab 5...as it was when installed and for as long as you wanted...you just couldn't update after your subscription expired. Often, newer copy protections would fail to rip
    Subsequent to this however (again I don't recall when exactly), this was no longer possible and the app would simply revert to the freeware version.

Hope this makes sense
    Thanks for your help. After many trial and error attempts, I was able to go back to version 6.0.7.0 which was released just before my subscription expired. I loaded it, then loaded my key and everything worked perfectly. I was able to find the old versions of DVDFab on a website called oldapps.com. Very easy to download different versions and try.

Thanks again for the help....

Comment

Glad to hear it.
      It will be in a somewhat crippled state since you won't be able to update for the newer copy protections, but you're aware of this.
      I hope it continues to work for you.
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

6070 is still in the release thread here on this forum, and you may actually be able to update to a newer version 6105, it was released oct. 1st. check the release threads and notice the date they were released.

Comment

Actually you can use DVDFab Passkey with DVDFab and Passkey is up to date with the latest copy protection at the moment and since it in Beta stage you are able to give a try

Comment

Wow, that's so very diff from what stated with the program. I understood that updates and support ceased with end of subscription but not that features became disabled. Where is that written? Even inthe program it presents the expiration as "updates expiration time". And there is nothing about this in the license.txt file that comes with the software. Could i tbe that you are mistaken about features becoming disabled?

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            Yes, it will with the features of the FREE version only.

This will enable you to only rip uncompressed.

The modules that you SUBSCRIBED to will EXPIRE.

Comment

According to Tech, nothing is disabled after a subscripitn expires except that you don't get updates anymore.

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
              Yes, it will with the features of the FREE version only.

This will enable you to only rip uncompressed.

The modules that you SUBSCRIBED to will EXPIRE.

Comment

Working...
              X