Unable to find the extract to SRT subtitle option

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to find the extract to SRT subtitle option

I saw in another query that the current versions of DVDFAB (11.09.7) permits .SRT subtitles to be extracted. It suggested that this option is available under advanced and that it might be hidden at the bottom of the menu. However, I only see the option to extract the IDX and SUB files, NOT to extract or create .SRT files. When I scrolled to the very bottom and even when I changed the option for the movie rip to each of the MP4 and MKV options the .SRT subtitle options were NOT available.

I'm presuming that I must be missing something obvious.

Could this be because some movies simply DO NOT have an .srt file to extract and so the option is not available unless there is an embedded .SRT file? or is it that the .srt file has to be created from the file using the IDX and SUB information and an external OCR program which requires an additional step? Here are copies of the screenshots that I find when I look in advanced to find the .srt extraction option.

Please advise.
    Attached Files

The selection you require is in the Ripper module ... (Choose Other Profile) ... Format ...

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_23868.png Views:	4 Size:	116.7 KB ID:	384697

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ripper-srt-format.png Views:	0 Size:	13.7 KB ID:	384698
    Last edited by sieveis; 08-18-2020, 10:41 PM.

Comment

Thanks! But when I go to other profile I don't have the option to select subtitle and then choose SRT. Could it be that this is simply because this particular video doesn't have an SRT file? Would all video's have SRT subtitle files. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 3.51.34 PM.png
Views:	525
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	384700

Comment

I opened a Blu-Ray in the 64bit version. It could be possible that the 32/86 bit version does not have this feature. DVD's, Blu-Rays and UHD's do not have SRT Subtitle files. DVDFab is converting Graphic Subtitle files to a text based SRT file. Have you ticked the available subtitles in your movie title?

Comment

Originally posted by sieveis View Post
          I opened a Blu-Ray in the 64bit version. It could be possible that the 32/86 bit version does not have this feature. DVD's, Blu-Rays and UHD's do not have SRT Subtitle files. DVDFab is converting Graphic Subtitle files to a text based SRT file. Have you ticked the available subtitles in your movie title?
          see post #2 - https://forum.dvdfab.cn/forum/softwa...-srt-subtitles

Comment

Originally posted by sieveis View Post
            32 bit version of DVDFab 11 has SRT profile.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	屏幕快照 2020-08-20 下午5.52.05.png
Views:	407
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	384774

Comment

Originally posted by hanschiu View Post
              Thanks! But when I go to other profile I don't have the option to select subtitle and then choose SRT. Could it be that this is simply because this particular video doesn't have an SRT file? Would all video's have SRT subtitle files. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-08-18 at 3.51.34 PM.png
Views:	525
Size:	240.6 KB
ID:	384700
              You are using Mac version, DVDFab for mac doesn't support to output SRT only at the moment.

Comment

Working...
              X