background processes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

background processes

just noticed that the following are running in the background (win-10)
    dvdfab player 6 (32 bit), and
    dvdfab player server (32 bit)

can someone explain why they are running in the background?

thanks....

Click image for larger version

Name:	Player auto start.png
Views:	333
Size:	67.6 KB
ID:	386577

Player could be running in the background, please check the Settings section first, see the image above.

Comment

I too have noticed DVDFab Player Server.exe *32 shows individual entries in Windows Task Manager for every video I've played. DVDFab Media Player 6 is unchecked as shown in your picture above, and is unchecked in Windows "msconfig - startup" as well. Yet when I use Media Player 6, it stays in Task Manager as well as the server entries for every video as well. How do I get Media Player 6 to only start up when I want it to, and then completely shut down when I'm through with it? I either have to restart the computer each time I use Media Player 6 or stop each process in Task Manager individually. I don't like arbitrary things thinking they can run in the background all the time. I look forward to your reply. Thank you!
      Attached Files
      Last edited by JRobert; 03-21-2021, 06:50 AM.

Comment

I figured out the Task Manager problem. On the DVDFab Media Player 6 settings, there is an option called "Minimize to (systry) when closing the main window". With this one UNCHECKED, it does indeed shut down all entries in Task Manager. I hope this can help the original poster out. Thanks!
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
          X