New updates download is getting worse!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New updates download is getting worse!

Despite my suggestion, asking developers to make it simple, the download of DVDFab updates is getting worse.

Previous versions, though not that much agreeable, had a feature I liked. They showed what was new on the update dialog, so users would know what they were getting beforehand. That was good... and that's gone! We now have a "What's New?" button instead that forces us to check that info via web browser, which makes the whole process longer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	What.png
Views:	431
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	396886
    Notice: the Size info above is absent.

Previous versions had an option (link) to update from the DVDFab website in case the update download failed. That was also good and is also now gone! And if the update download fails, the user not only doesn't have the website alternative at hand right there, but also gets a contradictory message stating that the update process was finished and failed at the same time! Incredible!

Name:	Errors.png
Views:	275
Size:	299.7 KB
ID:	396887

And, last but not least, I have noticed that also in previous versions, but thought and hoped it'd be gone soon, but I was wrong and it still there. When the update dialog shows up, it's positioned so users can see it and also the program's main interface. But in my monitor its position gets the buttons covered, which is very annoying.

Name:	Covered.png
Views:	268
Size:	118.1 KB
ID:	396888

I wonder if the developers are aware that their decisions and changes (for worse) have the power to upset users.

Thank you for the feedback.
    About the update failure, please send us the log files under C:\Users\xxx\Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab12\Temp\update Temp\updateLog
    As for the button got covered issue, what is the resolution and the DPI settings? Please kindly offer us more info.

Comment

Thats most probably a firewall, just allow it in your configuration.
      Programmer in Python,Java,JavaScript,Swift,PHP,SQL,C#,C++,Go,R

Comment

Working...
      X