How to change Blue Ray to m2ts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to change Blue Ray to m2ts

I am trying to stream a blueray movie. However my popcorn hour A-110 nor will my E-Great M34-A play a blue ray file. I am told that I can remux to a
    m2ts file. How\What do can dvdfab do this?

Streaming Blu Ray movies

A Blu Ray movie is m2ts. When you say stream what do you mean? I currently stream full quality Blu Ray Movie files over my home network (needs to be Gigabit Ethernet at least) to Windows Media center from a Media server. You need a movie player that works as a plug in to media center because media center (for windows 7) does not natively support the m2ts file format. It recognizes it as a movie but will not play it without another player.

Comment

blueray streaming

I am streaming gb from my server to 100mbps to two network media tanks.
      Popcorn A-110 and E-Great M34A.

I posted in the NMT forum and theys said:
      "You would have to rip it and use a different container to play on it."

Here is the media info dump on the file. I think they mean change the codec off of VC1. or perhaps I am misreading what they are stating. If it is change the codec can DVD fab make that change... if so how?

F:\yamj\mediaInfo>mediainfo --Full i:\mv2\book4\the_XXXXX.iso
      General
      Count : 259
      Count of stream of this kind : 1
      Kind of stream : General
      Kind of stream : General
      Stream identifier : 0
      Count of video streams : 1
      Video_Format_List : VC-1
      Video_Format_WithHint_List : VC-1
      Codecs Video : VC-1
      Complete name : i:\mv2\book4\THE_XXXX.iso
      Folder name : i:\mv2\book4
      File name : THE_XXXX
      File extension : iso
      Format : VC-1
      Format/Extensions usually used : vc1
      Codec : VC-1
      Codec/Extensions usually used : vc1
      File size : 34177482752
      File size : 31.8 GiB
      File size : 32 GiB
      File size : 32 GiB
      File size : 31.8 GiB
      File size : 31.83 GiB
      File creation date : UTC 2010-03-20 20:39:30.390
      File creation date (local) : 2010-03-20 15:39:30.390
      File last modification date : UTC 2010-03-20 21:18:04.265
      File last modification date (loc : 2010-03-20 16:18:04.265

Video
      Count : 146
      Count of stream of this kind : 1
      Kind of stream : Video
      Kind of stream : Video
      Stream identifier : 0
      Format profile : AP@L3
      Codec/Family : VC-1
      Codec/Url : http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia
      /format/codecdownload.aspx
      Codec profile : AP@L3
      Width : 1920
      Width : 1 920 pixels
      Height : 1080
      Height : 1 080 pixels
      Pixel aspect ratio : 1.000
      Display aspect ratio : 1.778
      Display aspect ratio : 16:9
      Frame rate : 23.976
      Frame rate : 23.976 fps
      Colorimetry : 4:2:0
      Scan type : Progressive
      Scan type : Progressive
      Interlacement : PPF
      Interlacement : Progressive

Comment

DVDFab Blu-Ray to Mobile module will work using MKV remux. Make sure to click the checkbox that removes HD audio (if available). However, even after removing HD audio, many if not most BD titles will be in DTS. You will need to check the NMT forums to see what is required to play DTS via the PCH.

Comment

Streaming Blu Ray movies

You do not need to change containers. I stream the raw rip of the blu ray from my media server.

Items needed to stream raw Blu Ray rips
          1) From server to client machine the network needs to be Gigabit to stream blu ray movies. The TCP over head plus the bit stream just barely exceeds the 100mbs bandwidth. Granted 100mbs will stream the smaller blu rays (ones that are less than 20gigbytes in size but any moves larger than that it will studder)
          2) A plug in player for media center (like Arcsoft Total Media Center 3 Extreme will stream the m2ts files without a disk check over the network). That is also the top rated software blu ray player on the market as well. This will decode all the HD Audio codecs out there as well. Playing the raw blu ray movies will maintain your 5.1 - 7.1 audio as well ( putting the movie into an container you will loose the surround sound, it mixes the audio down to a 2 channel source and you also get studdering your movie putting then in a container if your are trying to maintain the 1080p quality. From New Egg the software player costs about $56.00 and from the vendors website about $99.00.

I am doing this on as follows:

Server Specs:
          Dual core 2.66
          2gs Ram
          Netgear Gigabit Ethernet card ($50.00)
          8TB Hard Drive space

Client Machine:
          Athon x2 1.86
          2gig ram
          Netgear Gigabit Ethernet Card
          ATI 4550 Video Card (intergrated video cards will not work because of the processing power needed to process the 1080p video source, even if the cards states it is an HD card, the shared resources of the CPU and Ram causes the video to skip)

The client machine can be a basic computer the important part is the video card and network card. I know that the Netgear card and ATI card i stated works flawlessly. and the cost it minimal for what is trying to be accomplished.

(Total cost of the client machine $350.00)

Switches
          Netgear Gigabit Switch ($50.00) (Linksys does not make a Gigabit Switch that handles Gigabit network traffic withing a reasonable price range)

This solution had worked flawlessly for me for several months now. I tried the whole encoding of the m2ts video into meg4 and I had no luck because of the support of the HD Audio Codes are not there and not all movies have non HD Audio tracks.
          Last edited by ANNIHILATOR001; 03-23-2010, 04:11 AM.

Comment

BD Streaming

Originally posted by dcatcha View Post
            I am trying to stream a blueray movie. However my popcorn hour A-110 nor will my E-Great M34-A play a blue ray file. I am told that I can remux to a
            m2ts file. How\What do can dvdfab do this?
            I do finally have this working, and no I was not working on it all this time.

What I do is rip the BD main movie the the hard drive.
            Then I used the DVDFAB Blue Ray Ripper option and send it to and MKV format. In the profile drop down I choose the remux option wait few hours for it to finish and everything works... However trying this in a one step from B-DVD to MKV with remux I have not had much sucess, so for now it remains two steps.

Comment

Working...
            X