X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McAfee Quarranteening DVDFABDVD2Mobile.exe

Originally posted by thefitgeek View Post
    I purchased DVD Fab DVD to Mobile.

Although I was able to successfully register I am only able to use it once before it tells me that DVD to Mobile is available in the registered version. I purchased the lifetime option and when I pull up the about information I'm listed as the licensee but it is listed as "No" under "Enabled" I've already uninstalled and reinstalled a few times and all this does is let me use the software once.

I'm running Windows 7.
    Hi,
    I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I was just logging into DVDFab forum to report a similar issue.
    I had an issue where Fab reported that my DVD 2 mobile had expired. After several re-installs and product key updates, I was not able to fix this one issue but the other Fab modules (which have the same experation date) were still OK.
    I then noticed after one of the re-installations of Fab, that when I started Fab I received a popup from McAfee (Cox is my provider so it's Cox security suite by McAfee), that McAfee was quarranteening the DVDFABDVD2Mobile.exe. It was reporting some sort of "Artemis" virus so it stopped it from executing and quarranteened it.
    There's nothing wrong with with the file and I don't have any virus issues or symptoms. I have sent this to McAfee and their automated checker said that there were no virus problems with it.
    So, I thought that perhaps this is the same issue that thefitgeek could be having.

AMD Phenom II X4 3.2Ghz | Radeon HD 4670 | Win7 Pro x64 | 8 GB | Synology DS211j 5TB | Wired GbE | 2x WDTV Live + |

Hi,

I have the same problem with DVD to Mobile. It seems that on March 13th, Mcafee reported a trojan ("Artemis") on file DVDFABDVD2Mobile.exe and quarantined it which caused the license problem.

To be able to use the DVD to Mobile option, I had to reinstall previous version of DVDFAB ( 6.2.0.5 Nov 2009 ).

Hope this helps

Comment

Hi
      Re DVD to Mobile exact same problem with Macafee. The error came when rebooting a pop up window from macafee declared Trojen etc. then disaspeared after a few seconds. A review of macafee log confirmed this. But this pop up was behind all the windows and only by luck did I see it.
      DVD2mobile works now but please be warned. I dont know if Macafee or DVDFab are required to solve this?
      I "solved it" by disabling Macafee for trojans
      Howard
      Last edited by howard; 03-23-2010, 05:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by howard View Post
        Hi
        Re DVD to Mobile exact same problem with Macafee. The error came when rebooting a pop up window from macafee declared Trojen etc. then disaspeared after a few seconds. A review of macafee log confirmed this. But this pop up was behind all the windows and only by luck did I see it.
        DVD2mobile works now but please be warned. I dont know if Macafee or DVDFab are required to solve this?
        I "solved it" by disabling Macafee for trojans
        Howard
        This needs to be reported to McAfee as a false positive so they can fix it. Also you should look into a better virus protection than McAfee as it gives everyone problems with all DVD copy programs around

Comment

I have had McAfee for many years, and also DVD Fab of course, very happy with both of them, although I only have DVD to DVD.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
            I have had McAfee for many years, and also DVD Fab of course, very happy with both of them, although I only have DVD to DVD.
            That does not alter the fact that McAfee is well known for causing problems with many dvd software programs and is a poor choice to use in conjunction with any dvd ripping software.

Comment

I was very concerned about this, and tried to get help here on the forum with no luck, have now received an unsolicited email from the good folk at DVD Fab explaining the problem and what to do about it.

I am posting it here as I am sure it will be helpful to other users/members.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Please open "Common Settings" window in the upper right corner of DVDFab main screen, click on "General", cancel the option "check for new version automatically".

DVDFab Blu-ray to Blu-ray includes internal UDF 2.50 parser to read Blu-ray, that means you need to have your computer connected to Internet.

If you don't use DVDFab Blu-ray to Blu-ray option, you can use DVDFab being off line.

Please understand that McAfee software often raise a false alarm about DVDFab site.

Make sure that your antivirus software and email box does not treat the links of DVDFab as spam and trash them. Please check your filter settings.

Any questions in future, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,
              Sunny Fan
              DVDFab Support Team

Comment

There is nothing new in your "unsolicited" [PM????]e-mail .
                Everything stated has been posted many times in many individual threads on the forum.

Your continuing efforts to stir the pot is wearing thin.

Comment

Working...
                X