Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compression time for Bluray varies widely and totally depends on your system. With my setup I can compress and burn a BDDVD9 @ 1080p in just over an hour.
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @3960MHz
    4G Geil ddr2 1066 (5-5-5-15) @1120MHz
    ASUS M3N HT Deluxe Nvidia 780a chipset
    2 XFX 9800GT SLI driver 197.45
    LG WH08LS20 BD drive firmware updated
    Windows7 Professional x64

Comment

Originally posted by singleman5 View Post
      This software i have never been able to get it to function the way i think it should. The money that i paid for it, it shouldn't be this difficult. You should be able to just put in Blu Ray DVD click copy, it should compress it, and it should all fit on a 25 GB BD-R blank DVD. You shouldn't have to do all the work, adjusthis, adjust that to make it work. I just don't understand. Never had this much problem with copying software. Where is the manual that should show you step by step how to use this stuff ??
      step 1 insert blu ray

step two select main movie

step 3 choose the track that the movie is on

step 4 remove any languages or audio you dont want

step 5 click next

step 6 rename the movie if you desire

step 7 click start

step 8 insert blank 25 gb blu ray when prompted

step 9 ???

step 10 profit and enjoy

Comment

What i am doing right now is letting the software dictate where the copied files folder is. And i also chose the BD25 at he bottom. Now it has been running for about 35 minutes. It has done 8.45% of disk. It shows that it has 5.4 hrs to go. If i did it your way would it be a little quicker or about the same.

Comment

But you would think that the process of using the Blu Ray to Blu Ray software would be so simple to use. Now this is according to their advertisement to buy this software. It states it works quicky and it does all disks. BD50,BD25 and so forth. I don't think it states that it takes 12 hrs to do 1 Blu Ray movie. Because i think that if it did i would probably not have bought it. But i did so i have to live with it. Thanks for your help...
          So, by your logic, the car companies advertising should be: "Does 0-60 in 5 seconds, but if you live in the city then you will never get to use that part."

What i am doing right now is letting the software dictate where the copied files folder is. And i also chose the BD25 at he bottom. Now it has been running for about 35 minutes. It has done 8.45% of disk. It shows that it has 5.4 hrs to go. If i did it your way would it be a little quicker or about the same.
          Which way you do it will have very little effect on how long it takes. The projected time is just an estimate. The actual time is dependant on your machine (CPU and I/O speed).

Comment

Threads merged.

Comment

Ok well i'm just saying that the speed of the software is not very good. But anyways here are my PC specs. Is there anywhere in my set-up that can be improved upon to make this process faster. I am just a novice at this now ok. My specs are:

AMD Athlon 64x2 Dualcore 4200+ 2.20 Ghz
              8 Gb DDR 2 memory
              ASUS M2A-VM HDMI with AMD 690G and ATI SB600 Chipsets
              NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT-Video Card
              LG WH08LS20 BD
              Windows 7 Home Preminum

Comment

Well thisizbrian i wished it was that quick for sure... But i guess as long as you don't have anything else going on in yer life for the moment, 5-12 hrs ain't a whole lot ask to burn one Blu Ray. Right now i'm into 2.55 hrs and it says it has 4.55 hrs to go and it only has copied 38.66% of DVD. Do i need a $2000 pc for the software to run half way decent. I don't know maybe you can tell me. I thought my system was pretty good. Maybe not ??

AMD Athlon 64x2 Dualcore 4200+ 2.20 Ghz
                8 Gb DDR 2 memory
                ASUS M2A-VM HDMI with AMD 690G and ATI SB600 Chipsets
                NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT-Video Card
                LG WH08LS20 BD
                Windows 7 Home Preminum

Comment

That's an AM2 motherboard you would have to check the wattage limitation of your CPU but I think that board should handle a Phenom x4 up to the 9850 at 125 watts. that is what I am using also upgrading your video would help as well.
                  The 9850 is under 150$ now at tigerdirect.
                  Last edited by Johan; 03-30-2010, 04:42 PM. Reason: added info

Comment

Well if i did those changes to the Motherboard such as the New CPU and the better Video Card how much would that help me do you think, time wise. I copied a Blu Ray DVD today. It took a total of about 8 hours to copy and burn. That was compressing it down to a 25 GB blank. I also did another with no compression and it only took maybe an hour. I have been findind out if the movie is a lil over 2 hours long it needs to be compressed. IF its a lil under 2 hours its not needing compression.. So i guess i have it down pat now with using the software or able to use it better now thab before... Thanks to all that Helped me the last couple days. I guess i'll keep on trucking....

Comment

I read over your thread, sorry if I missed it...
                      When you said,
                      "It took a total of about 8 hours to copy and burn"...

Are you compressing from your BR drive or ripping to your hdd first and then compressing from the image on your hdd?
                      Please do the latter.
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

For Info Purposes

Just for info purposes. Johan the Phenom x4 9850 is $90 at NewEgg. It is an OEM. Think i will buy it and try it. Should be an easy install right. Just pull the old one out and install the new one right... Hopefully

Comment

Just make sure your BIOS is updated and yes it should just drop right in. Also make sure you get a good heatsink and fan this is one hot processor.I'm using the Arctic Cooling Freezer Pro 64. Ive read about the Sunbeam core contact and it gets good reviews and the price is right. Just check the size these coolers are quite tall and if I remember right that is a micro ATX board so you may not have the clearance.

Comment

Well thanks for the info, will do.. I'll let you know when i get it installed and how it comes out... Once again THANKS

Comment

Your having problems with that set up? I take a blu-ray disc (correct terminology) and burn through a laptop with less time then that. Of course I copy movie only but it puts it to the hard drive then go to blank media. I'm using an older HP laptop that has a AMD turion 65 1.79ghz processor and 512 memory. And total time (this is if I'm awake) only roughly takes 3 hrs or a little above. maybe you have some other program messing with it. Or maybe I'm lucky and the blu-ray gods love me lol well other than destroying my external burner.
                              Lancool K-56 case.
                              OCZ 700watt PSU.
                              MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                              AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
                              ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
                              16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
                              OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                              WD 2TB.
                              EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                              LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Working...