• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to dvd fab

Hi everyone
    I have read the other posts
    e.g.
    about not being able to get past the initial "welcome to dvd fab" drop down screen.
    This is my very first download of dvd fab version 7.0.3.0 on 6th April from the official site.
    At this stage I do not have a registration key. The screen asks for one. I have tried clicking on encrypter option (free) before cicking on start. As with previous posts in the last week or so, the menu just disappears and nothing happens.
    If I need a registration key as a brand new user, how do I go about registering?
    If, as a trial member, I don't need the key how do I get past this drop down, welcome to dvd fab screen?
    At the moment I don't feel very welcome!
    I have tried uninstall and reboot etc.
    What am I doing wrong?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Dizzy; 04-09-2010, 12:42 AM.

FAB7030
    What is the OS of your computer?
    You may also want to give this thread a read through
    Last edited by CBR929; 04-09-2010, 01:26 AM. Reason: text
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Click and hold the blue "Welcome" bar at the top and drag it up the display until you see the "OK" button at the bottom.
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

OS is xp home version 2002, SP3.
        Thanks for the thread. No luck there apart from pm the poster about trying an earlier version.

Second suggestion: Being desperate and rather silly I tried moving the window about all over the place and it made me dizzy but then you probably realise I'm that already?

Comment

Do you see an "OK" button at the bottom of the screen you can't seem to escape?

Albert Einstein

Comment

Does the screen look like the attached picture? I don't have the free version and can't get it.
            Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Nope I see the whole drop down menu/welcome screen and at the bottom right it says Start DVD Fab in a button. Clicking on that just shuts it all down.

Comment

Dizzy
                Try this To make DMA work in XP, Right click on My Computer and select Device manager. Browse down to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers, and right click on Primary IDE Channel, select Properties and the Advanced settings. Ensure Transfer mode setting is "DMA if available". Click OK and exit...Check for Secondary IDE Channel as well.
                Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

Hi 90312,
                  Had to get a bit of work done there! Thanks for persevering with this. that screenshot is almost identical, just where it says OK it says Start Dvd Fab on my screen.

Cyberman (929), I tried that tip from where you gave it in another thread. Thanks anyway but my computer is already set up with those configs.

All those helping me, can we rule out the registration key idea? I don't need one as a first time trial user do I?
                  Diz

Comment

Do you have any previously installed versions of DVDfab anywhere on your computer?
                    Lancool K-56 case.
                    OCZ 700watt PSU.
                    MSI 990FXA-GD65V2 AM3+.
                    AMD 8 core FX-8120 3.1ghz.
                    ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX cooler.
                    16gb G.skill 1600mhz memory.
                    OCZ Agility 120gb SSD.
                    WD 2TB.
                    EVGA GTX Geforce 550Ti.
                    LGWH12LS38 BD-RE

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzy View Post
                      Hi 90312,
                      Had to get a bit of work done there! Thanks for persevering with this. that screenshot is almost identical, just where it says OK it says Start Dvd Fab on my screen.

Cyberman (929), I tried that tip from where you gave it in another thread. Thanks anyway but my computer is already set up with those configs.

All those helping me, can we rule out the registration key idea? I don't need one as a first time trial user do I?
                      Diz
                      No trouble at all Dizzy, I was kicked back in my recliner with a laptop. I tried to reproduce this in the playroom on a PC I set up for the grandkids to play on; I have to reformat it about once a month! I downloaded the trial from DVDFab.net, 7.0.3.0, rebooted when requested, clicked the “don’t show this again” box then the start button and it worked fine. Then I came here to the forum and downloaded 7.0.3.2 beta, installed on top of 7.0.3.0, and the welcome screen never came up. It came up on DVD to DVD ready to work. Maybe I should have gone straight to 7.0.3.2, is that what you did?

Albert Einstein

Comment

previous post says...... Maybe I should have gone straight to 7.0.3.2,

I guess trying the above can't hurt.

When I clicked on "don't show this again" followed by Start button, the screen went away and nothing happened. I'll try the new beta version and if that doesn't work, I'll clear what Fab I've got with CCleaner and then have a go with an older version, as suggested in another thread by sabare. I'm going down the beach now though 'cos this is doing my head in!

Comment

Dizzy
                          Have you tried installing version 6 again? I'm sure we'll get this just hold in there.

I'm going down the beach now though 'cos this is doing my head in!
                          Must be nice were expecting a little snow tonight. Have a good time.

Comment

You were on the mark with this advice! It's imperative to check the secondary ide controller, that is where my setting was off. I did what you said and now it works, thank you!!!!

Comment

Exact same problem

Dizzy,

I too am having the exact same problem, but I bought my copy of DvdFab7. I have made all the adjustments, took out any instance of previous Fab software and even cleaned my registry and no luck. I have the same Os and sp that you have. Hopefully this isn't a glitch/bug in this version of the software.

I want to thank everyone for their help, but unless there is someone out there running the same OS then I doubt that they can answer this problem.

Also I noticed when I used Fab6 trial that when I started it the program would throw out my MagicJack phone connection which calls for a virtual drive. That wasn't a problem since I hate to talk on the phone, but it did exist.

I am a retired programmer so I really know my way around the computer, just not a lot of the up to the minute jargon.

I'm sure that if this software is tested in the OS we are running that it will happen to others so I hope this glitch is addressed in the newer version.

Let's just see what happens and hope that we are making it clear to others that we have tried all ideas with no success.

Comment

Working...
                              X