macbook pro with bootcamp won't recognize dvds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

macbook pro with bootcamp won't recognize dvds

I've been using dvdfab 7 on my old windows laptop, but recently put bootcamp on my new macbook pro so I could migrate to my mac completely.

My problem is that when I try and rip a dvd to the hd it never fully recognizes the dvd. It will pull up the progress bar that pops up when you put in a DVD but instead of cycling through the full length of the bar 4-5 times like it did on my old windows machine, it cycles through once and then goes away. But after the progress bar disappears all the information boxes are still blank, like they would be if no DVD was in the laptop at all.

Has anyone run into this problem, or similar ones with macs and bootcamp?

DVDFab is a windows based program and is not made to run on a mac.

System Requirements for DVD to DVD

Windows Vista/XP/2000/98/ME
    Pentium II 500 MHz
    256 MB of RAM
    10 GB of Free Hard Disk Space
    A DVD-R(W) or DVD+R(W) Drive

Sorry but we are not able to help trouble shoot problems with running DVDFab on something that it is not amde to run on unless another member here uses it as well. Also if you have a external USB DVD drive give that a try.

Comment

DVDFab works with both Virtualbox (full) and Wine (some instability) on Linux. In Virtualbox you need to setup the optical drive as a pass-through. Maybe there is something similar in Bootcamp. Otherwise, both of these programs work on a Mac if I'm not mistaken.

Comment

Originally posted by AGJ View Post
        DVDFab is a windows based program and is not made to run on a mac.

Sorry but we are not able to help trouble shoot problems with running DVDFab on something that it is not amde to run on unless another member here uses it as well. Also if you have a external USB DVD drive give that a try.
        I understand that DVDFab doesn't run on OSX, but using bootcamp I am running Windows XP natively. The mac has an intel processor and has run every piece of software I can throw at it.

The problem isn't that the software won't run, its just that it won't mesh with the dvd drive in the mac (I'm not sure what company apple uses for hardware on the super drive).

So ignoring that it is a Mac has anyone had this type of problem using windows (maybe there is a setting/driver/patch that I haven't applied to XP yet?)

Thank you.

Comment

VVlonghorn
          I am running a macbook pro unibody and am running windoows 7 on it with bootcamp 3.1. No problems at all! The superdrive is a matshita but, that has not interfered with things so far. No bluray--just copy as full disk for all. Hope this is some use to you if not, I'll help further if possible

Comment

Similar problem here

Top of the line, 8 gig MacBook Pro/Boot Camp/Win 7--all up-to-date. Downloaded DVDFab last night to install as a replacement for my Lenovo laptop. DVDFab recognizes the DVD and reads it, but when the chime chimes in to put in a blank DVD, DVDFab just keeps spitting it out. It does not, apparently, recognize it as a blank disk. I've tried a couple of different manufacturers DVDs and types.

This is the only program that the MacBook Pro running native Windows has had any problem with, and as IT Director for a law firm, I've loaded it up with apps. It's been an eye opener to have a laptop that, up to now, works completely and hasn't needed continual calls for tech support, new parts, etc. but that's another story.

Any ideas what's up with DVDFab and Win7 on the MacBook?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

I don't know beans about Macs and while this is not a solution, apparently
              Macs and Fab get along quite well for some, but not others.

Originally posted by Ozzie View Post
              My Mac plays Windows 7 via Boot Camp, and thats where my DVDFab lives.
              Easy solution,and it works great, I encode at 129fps on a MacBook Pro!
              Originally posted by cyberlarry2001 View Post
              I am running a macbook pro unibody and am running windoows 7 on it with bootcamp 3.1. No problems at all! The superdrive is a matshita but, that has not interfered with things so far. No bluray--just copy as full disk for all. Hope this is some use to you if not, I'll help further if possible
              Hopefully, we'll hear back from cyberlarry2001 and other Mac users that can help you folks out.
              Last edited by maineman; 10-19-2010, 01:23 PM.
              If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

MacBook Pro new with Bootcamp & XP

I have been using DVDFab for years and on my old Macbook pro with xp & bootcamp it worked fine. However my new mid 2010 15" Macbook Pro and bootcamp with XP DVDFab basically won't read or burn. it acts like it is working but after 1.5 hours for a normal dvd it says it is finished but then the files don't copy or work.

Any idea of what on XP is causing this. I have an i5 processor and all my other PC programs work fine DVDFab is the only one I am having trouble with. Nero, Easy CD Creator etc.

Anyone else having a problem or solution with new Laptops

Comment

Hmm, maybe not getting access to the DVD drive? I'm not positive as I've never had a Mac.
                  SPECS
                  DESKTOP: Asus M4A79XTD EVO/AMD Phenom II x4 945/4GB GSKILL DDR3-1600/NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SC/BFG Tech 600Watt/NZXT M59/LG BD-RE GGW-H20L/Lite-On iHAS124 Y/WD Velociraptor 150GB/Seagate 1.5TB/WD Caviar Green 2TB/Acer H213H 1080p
                  SERVER: MSI K9ND Speedster WA-6/2x AMD Opteron 2218s/8GB Kingston DDR2-667/NVIDIA Quadro FX 1700/Zalman 600Watt/Alienware Workstation/Lite-On iHAS120/Seagate 500GB/WD Caviar Black 750GB/Swiftech H20-220 w/ 2x CPU blocks & VGA block

Comment

Working...
                  X