This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

layer break using imgburn

hi again, updated the firmware to LYS6 from the medion website (its a medion pc that i have) medion recommended that firmware and went to burn 2012 movie with imgburn again but when i get to the layer break window again it doesn't give me any option to change it, i think the blue star at the bottom is the best position but its not giving me the option to use it i didn't carry on for fear of getting another coaster dual layer disc until i posted back here, think this is a strange one ? thanks in advance. flash.

Comment

I'm not sure what's going on here, but we need more info.
      What OS are you using? Could you please post the specs of your pc or the model #?
      Do you have sufficient space on your internal hdd to rip a movie to?

I'm wondering if you can use Img build mode and create an .ISO file and burn from that.
      Problem is, you can't do that on a FAT32 hdd.
      In build mode, Img will create an .MDS file. This contains the layer break info.
      This way the proper location for the layer break is set...no choosing by the user
      To burn the file, just open Img and select the .MDS file and you're good to go.

Is there a specific reason you're using FAT32 and not NTFS?
      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

hi again, i'm using windows xp home edition sp2, the fat32 drive on my pc the E drive is actually the recovery drive, my main drive is the C drive which is NTFS,which has 78GB of free space, sorry about the confusion. now the good bit, had another go burning 2012 again a little while ago using imgburn this time i set the booktype from DVD+dl to DVD-ROM in the settings and it WORKED!! it still didn't give me any good or excellent options to highlight on the layer break screen just about 6 average gray stars so i just highlighted one of them and started the burn and hey presto!! now i dont know if changing the booktype did the trick or updating the dvd drives firmware did it or maybe both, or it might even have been a bad disc, god knows but it works. have watched sections of the movie on my pc and everything seems fine, just need to try it on my dvd player now. just a quick question about windows xp sp2, do yous think i should update to sp3 ? a bit wary of doing it now everything seems to be working. thanks in advance. flashgordon.

Comment

flashgordon
          In my own opinion I would update to SP3, because when they develop programs they do not do it on computers without up to date software,and if you are missing some sort of key component that would be installed from the update your programs will not work correctly.
          Choosing to install updates is totally up to you.
          CBR929
          Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

yeah CBR929, was thinking that way as well, i think it would be better to upgrade to sp3. thanks for the kind advice. thanks in advance. flashgordon.

Comment

Working...
            X