This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deleted Old Versions

I had origianlly purchased dvd fab platinum 4 and then updating to version, 5, 6 and now the new 7 with all the other versions still installed on pc. Used the 7 and worked great so decided to delete all the other versions. Now, when I use version 7 it is coming up ( you are going to try dvd to dvd), giving me the impression I am running on a trial here. Saved my original 4 on disc but can not install....how can I fix this.

Have you re-entered your key?

Comment

If all else fails refer to this guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
        Have you re-entered your key?
        I have not been given that option

Comment

What OS are you running on your machine?

Originally posted by Eire61 View Post
          I have not been given that option
          sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
          For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

As a test since I have V4 V5 V6 and V7 on my pc I deleted all but V7 and it still works and shows as registered.

Have you tried deleting V7 and re-installing?

Make sure you have saved your key in a safe place.

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
              What OS are you running on your machine?
              I am running xp

Comment

Originally posted by Gruñón View Post
                As a test since I have V4 V5 V6 and V7 on my pc I deleted all but V7 and it still works and shows as registered.

Have you tried deleting V7 and re-installing?

Make sure you have saved your key in a safe place.
                I will try that. any reason you have kept all versions on your pc?

Comment

All of us old heads keep the previous versions so that on the odd ocassion when a idiosyncracy pops up, we can check with a previous version.

Also, on some ocassions, the older versions handle older titles better.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

All you need to do is double click on your registration key that you have for V6 and then reboot computer. After reboot it should be activated with lifetime like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Eire61 View Post
                      I will try that. any reason you have kept all versions on your pc?
                      Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
                      All of us old heads keep the previous versions so that on the odd ocassion when a idiosyncracy pops up, we can check with a previous version.

Also, on some ocassions, the older versions handle older titles better.
                      Exactly, someone's been reading my thoughts again...or vice versa...

All major versions, ie., Fab 2, 4, 4, 5, 6 & 7 are installed in different folders are are indepenent of one another.
                      As far as storage, given the fact that most of us have multiple 1 TB or > hdds, archiving 5-12 MB installers is not a problem...

And for the average user, generally a few selected older versions will do the trick.
                      If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

all is well now but how do i reload the older versions (which i saved on disc), tried but no set up or exe file.

Comment

You need the installers...like any program.
                          How and what exactly did you save?
                          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Working...
                          X