Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just have to say something based on my experiences. DVDFab doesn't see all the options depending on what operating system your using. This is for DXVA not CUDA but does happen. On my ATI Raedeon HD 5770 DXVA is available on Windows XP and Windows 7 but not on Vista 32-bit or 64-bit. I've posted this but had no reply as to why in one version of Windows DVDFab will support DXVA on my card but on another it's not available. Obviously my card supports DXVA, wether DVDFab supports it depends on the OS I'm using. And no offense but the stock moderator answer is always that it's a problem with your computer not a problem with DVDFab until a new version comes out that fixes the problem that wasn't DVDFab's.

Comment

@Ipopov50

I think apocracy is right about the GeForce 8800 GTX being CUDA supported and DharmaBummed69 may be on to something also about DVDFab option recognition and its relation to OS. Nvidia says the 8800 GTX is CUDA supported and GPU-Z recognizes the card as a CUDA supported card. I believe the problem lies in the fact the G80 chip in this card only uses CUDA to encode not decode. I know it works because I have used apps that implement CUDA to encode h.264 codec that have a switch to use CUDA or not. With CUDA on the encode is 3.5 to 4 times faster than with no CUDA engaged. OK, I will say it, Muvee (ban me). I am guessing DVDFab only recognizes and uses CUDA in a card that can both encode and decode and doesn't see the encode only option. I am not a GFX expert and it's only a guess.

Comment

Working...
      X