Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can not fix a defect in firmware for a media player you need to wait for WD to release the firmware to fix that issue as nothing you do will help if it the WD Player causing the problem

Comment

Originally posted by rithmetic View Post
      Has anyone had much luck with the WD TV HD Media Player for playing back BD ISO's. I just purchased one unit and can get it to play the iso's but not in English. The player seems to play back the iso correctly but will not allow you to pick English as the playback language. the BD Isos I am using was created using the DVDFab Passkey (full rip) using Imgburn. Is there a HD media Player that will correctly play the BD .iso from the hard drives? Any suggestions. I thought I had it made with this device, but very disappointed with the languages that it will play back. The Isos will play back in English when I play them on my computer using Power DVD 8 with the DVDFab Virtual Drive. Anyone have any luck with this device or some other make.
      Thanks.
      Not sure about the WD player, but a lot of players have troubles with Blue-Ray files. MKV, ISO, etc. I have a Briteview HD player, and while it plays the video well, the audio can't seem to keep up. It will crackle and pop and go silent for a while. Some Blue_Ray files will play, but most will not. I have tried to rip them without HD audio, with, etc. Same problems either way. My software players play the same files perfectly, but several "media players" are too slow for all the information in a blue-ray format. Mine has gotten a little better with online updates, but it is still not right. The Brite_View HD will upconvert a standard dvd to 1080P, and it is close to Blue-Ray quality. Not there yet, but close. I have given up on Blue_Ray format for the time being,, until the media players can play them right.

Good luck

Comment

I have a question for IPopov50.

You ask the question, is this movie actually a file?

I use DVD to DVD and rip a movie to my hard drive. The rip will create a folder with the movies name. Inside that folder are two folders, one empty and the other filled with files.

Now I rip DVD to Mobile and create an MKV what? Is this a file? I thought MKV was also a container. Have I now created movietitle.mkv and that is the file the Media Player will use?

Comment

Originally posted by Starlighterone View Post
          I have a question for IPopov50.

You ask the question, is this movie actually a file?

I use DVD to DVD and rip a movie to my hard drive. The rip will create a folder with the movies name. Inside that folder are two folders, one empty and the other filled with files.

Now I rip DVD to Mobile and create an MKV what? Is this a file? I thought MKV was also a container. Have I now created movietitle.mkv and that is the file the Media Player will use?
          IPopov50 is on the road somewhere between Canada and Alaska with limited internet access for a few days.

So Maybe Gregiboy can reply to this question.

Comment

There is a sync problem being addressed in the following DVDforum: DVD to Mobile My investigations into audio sync issue. This appears to be the same problem that is being seen when using the WD player with the MKV file. According to that forum the DVD to mobile is beig worked on and a new update should be done in the next couple of weeks. When that update comes out, I hope that it will fix the audio sync problem that I am seeing with the MKV file.

Comment

I would bet that it is your WD player. Try playing the file on your PC with VLC and psot the results.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I downloaded VLC and got terrible results. The picture was ver erratic and stalled. No sound. I tried other movies with the same results. I also downloaded Media Player Classic and movie played correctly.

Comment

So with MPC there is no audio sync problems?

If this is so, the problem is your WD Player and there are a lot of problems reported on the WD forum.
                  "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

With MPC there is no audio sync problems. I kind of believe that it is WD player also but am also aware of DVDFab having problems with audio sync using dvd to mobile and bd to mobile as reported in DVDfabs other form "DVD to Mobile My investigations into audio sync issue" forum. Have you checked out that forum? The last several pages of that forum tells the story.

Comment

Most sync problems are with Windows Media Format and AAC profiles.

The H264 audiocopy MKV profiles seem to be fine.

Comment

Does the WD TV Live Plus decode HD Sound?

Does this mean that the WD TV Live Plus can decode HD Sound?

My Home Cinema Receiver can't decode the new HD sound. I use my Sony BDP-S760 to decode it and feed it Multichannel to the dedicated receiver's inputs.

How can I do this with the WD unit? I don't think it has discrete channel by channel outputs.

Thanks.

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                        rithmetic,
                        Downgrade HD sound to a core, if you have HD sound set, would be also kinda not smart.

So, here's conclusion, and I hope you understood how I get to this conclusion:
                        For you to have quality content for your marvelous HD video theatre, you should use DVDFab "Blu-ray to Mobile" mode (Just in case you don't know, to have functioning "Blu-ray to Mobile" you MUST have to purchase "Blu-ray to Blu-ray" mode as well).
                        In "Blu-ray to Mobile" mode your option of choice would be "to MKV", and your profile in that option is "mkv.remux". Please DO NOT check "Remove HD audio" box, this way you will preserve HD audio. You will also have a chance to select Audio tracks (just one, main) or all, or anywhere in between; as well as subtitles.

Comment

This is a question more rightly asked on the WDTV forums as it is not a Fab problem or bug, although some WDTV users on this forum may have some hints & tips.

Comment

Media player that plays BD ISO's

I have given up on the WD player. I have only had sucess playing MKV files about 50-60% of the time on the WD TV HD Media Player or maybe even less. All the Files play correctly on the computer with the MPC player. So...... I purchased an Argosy HV335T Media Player. I love it. I have had it less than a week and can now play all the MKV files that wouldn't play on the WD player. The Argosy player (HD 1980P) has many more advantages also. It will also play BD Iso's with no problem with a firmware upgrade to version 2. This means I no longer have to convert to MKV files. It also works through my network and can stream data from my other computers. My model also has a 2 TB Hard Drive built in to it, but will also except external hard drives. At this time I would recommend the Argosy HV335T to anyone who is thinking about buying a TV media player or anyone who is tired of the problems with their old TV media player. Argosy apparently has additional new models coming out that will record and much more. Pay attention to this company. I will comment back if I discover any problems.

Comment

I think that this is the same as Maineman bought and he's happy with his also. Does it also act as a NAS?

Comment

I do not believe that it will act as a Nas. Here is the website for your review of the equipment:

Comment

Working...
                                X