Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please post your settings & results here so other users will have the information.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Don't know what settings to use, trying other things right now. Trying to find the best way and keep original resolution?

Comment

Originally posted by hanibal View Post
        Don't know what settings to use, trying other things right now. Trying to find the best way and keep original resolution?
        Original resolution??? Or original quality???
        You know that you can keep original resolution with much lower bitrate, smaller file size and crappy quality..
        sigpic

Please post your logs the default location is:

For Win7 C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For Vista C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab\Log
        For XP C:\Documents and Settings\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\Log
        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

i meant original quality. Trying file to mkv now. Seems faster then other programs i tried. the mkv will still be like 22gb for fight club. How do they get it to smaller size but great quality i have viewed? I watched rollerball and it was like 8gb and was fantastic on my LG60 inch.

Comment

i meant original quality. Trying file to mkv now. Seems faster then other programs i tried. the mkv will still be like 22gb for fight club. How do they get it to smaller size but great quality i have viewed? I watched rollerball and it was like 8gb and was fantastic on my LG60 inch.
            When I convert BR content into MKV, I'm trying to keep output fole size in 8-10 GB range and 8-10 Mbps bitrate. I always preserve original resolution without cropping - my receiver and TV have capabilities to adjust resolution to a full screen on-a-fly. I letting them to do that...
            Also, I removing HD audio - I don't have HD sound system, and do not have desire to have one.
            Here's my settings:
            BR2Mob ->MKV ->mkv.h264.audiocopy
            1-pass (2-pass doesn't work right)
            Remove HD audio (if needed)
            Framerate same as source
            Bitrate: between 8-10 (or more if possible) to keep output size in 8-10 GB range
            If DVDFab re-sizing output, I'm changing it back to original in Video Effect Settings
            I do use GPU Acceleration. My settings in A/V Codec:
            Decoder:
            CoreAVC
            CUDA
            Soft
            Encoder:
            Soft+CUDA

If you will do conversion on these settings you will have that gorgeous picture/sound as that one you referring to.

Try and let me know how it goes.
            sigpic

Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Comment

So the higher bitrate i choose the better quality? So if i chosse 12-1400 it will be alot better then 8-10? How do i keep the hd audio? All i got was pro logic?
              Last edited by hanibal; 08-10-2010, 03:04 AM.

Comment

I tried blu-ray to mkv directly from disk and it puts mkv.remux as default , so i tried it for uncompressed video but failed to read during second pass< so i am guessing that it can not be changed to one pass? I want to keep the dtshd audio though as i tried something simalar to ur settings but selected audiocopy aac and only got prologic?

Comment

I tried blu-ray to mkv directly from disk and it puts mkv.remux as default , so i tried it for uncompressed video but failed to read during second pass< so i am guessing that it can not be changed to one pass? I want to keep the dtshd audio though as i tried something simalar to ur settings but selected audiocopy aac and only got prologic?
                  Dude, what da heck are you talking about????
                  You are loading your content into BR2Mob, select MKV, mkv.remux appears as default. If you going to "edit" page, there's nothing to edit, it's a complete passthrough profile, there's no need in 2-pass. 1-pass only. This profile re-packing selected content from one container to another.
                  You do make a selection of streams you want to be carried to mkv container (audio streams, subs). I.e. main english stream, directors commentary, french subs, etc. or whatever you want, or just one english... If you want HD audio, de-select "Remove HD Audio" option, and click start. Few minutes later you will have selected uncompressed content packaged into mkv. enjoy.
                  sigpic

Comment

BR2Mob? I was just using fab. Where do u download this BR2Mob?

Comment

BR2Mob? I was just using fab. Where do u download this BR2Mob?
                      Well, I'm sorry. BR2Mob is a "Blu-ray to Mobile" option in DVDFab
                      sigpic

Comment

i did that and i got a read error and it said it was in second pass in the background? The funning thing is i never got a read error when putting the whole movie to the hd first. So i thought i would try direct from the blurau and got this error when i woke up in the morning.

Comment

OK. Lets go over it again.
                          You take you BD and you rip it to HDD. You can output it as folder or ISO - it doesn't matter.
                          When you done with it, you open that folder (or ISO) as a source with "Blu-ray to Mobile" mode, MKV option. When source is open you will see all your streams... make sure "mkv.remux" profile is selected @ bottom of the window.
                          If you open "edit" page, you wouldn't see 1-pass or 2-pass, but "Pass Through". The only "selectable" items on this page is in "Video Effect".
                          When you made your stream selections and entered destination, click "Start" and enjoy. Is it really difficult? If you still having a problems, please visit this link and read tutorial.

This is great tutorial and have pictures there.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IPopov50 View Post
                            OK. Lets go over it again.
                            You take you BD and you rip it to HDD. You can output it as folder or ISO - it doesn't matter.
                            When you done with it, you open that folder (or ISO) as a source with "Blu-ray to Mobile" mode, MKV option. When source is open you will see all your streams... make sure "mkv.remux" profile is selected @ bottom of the window.
                            If you open "edit" page, you wouldn't see 1-pass or 2-pass, but "Pass Through". The only "selectable" items on this page is in "Video Effect".
                            When you made your stream selections and entered destination, click "Start" and enjoy. Is it really difficult? If you still having a problems, please visit this link and read tutorial.

This is great tutorial and have pictures there.
                            I did do that but never had any option for mkv.remux all the rest but no that one. Using the folder with main movie only from my hd. I will try another version and try an iso too.
                            Last edited by hanibal; 08-10-2010, 04:56 PM.

Comment

I did do that but never had any option for mkv.remux all the rest but no that one. Using the folder with main movie only from my hd.
                              What version of Fab are you using???? Can you post screenshot of your Blu-ray to Mobile?
                              sigpic

Comment

using 7.0.93 can take a pic later

Comment

Working...
                                X