This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Other I need help

I put a disk in to burn and it starts scanning media and that all it does. I have no idea what to do. Please help
    Last edited by Serena712; 06-16-2010, 09:14 PM. Reason: dvdfab

First read the "Help Us Help You" threads and post the info that is required and then we may be able to.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I still need help

I have windows 7 so I am unable to find the log for errors. I still have the same problem it is scanning media continuously. Is there a different way to acces the log for windows 7

Comment

Your two threads have been merged.
        Do not start more threads on the same subject stick to the original one so others can help without jumping all over the forum.

Comment

It is much easier for someone to help here on the forum then by PM so lets keep it here for those that have an idea can see to help.

1- What region movie is it?
          2- What is the name of the movie?
          3- What version of fab are you using. V7? ? ?.
          4- Have you cleaned the disc?
          5- Have you checked for scratches?

Comment

Yes, let's play 20 questions !!!!
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Signals or Maineman.
              I have a PM from the OP that says she is not able to reply to this thread and is getting a no permission message.

I am running late and have to be off line for the next hour can anyone help with this..........

Comment

Hi Serena,

I'm not seeing anything on my end that would prevent you from posting here.
                Anything on your end besides no permission?

Please pm me with your reply.
                I can always have you start another thread and re-create the previous posts
                If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

Ok I can now reply LOL. I do not know the steps for updating firmware. Considering I am a PC nub I need to be told in small steps. I am getting the error=122 now when trying to burn any of my movies which are Ugly truth and A perfect getaway. I am using memorex dvd's to burn on to. Since downloading dvd fab I have been able to burn on movies which was Wolfman and after that I got the error message

Comment

This error code basically means that the blanks are crap, your drive is crap, or both.

122 HWS_FAILED_CALIBRATING 22 // Write failed at the beginning of the media (often a media that is poorly supported by the drive)

You need t post the logs as outlined in the "Help Us help You" threads. Links in my signature below otherwise we cannot go any further.

Comment

I tried using Help Us help you DVD to DVD but in in windows 7 there must be a different route to the logs. Cause I have no document and settings under c:drive. If you could tell me how to navigate there I would gladly do it. I will do anything to get this up and running.

Comment

This is all I could find 18:07:28: You are going to try "DVD to DVD" option.
                        18:07:28: Analyzing of DVD started
                        18:07:47: Analyzing of DVD completed successfully
                        18:07:47: Copy process started
                        18:19:36: Copy process completed successfully
                        18:20:18: Burn DVD folder (C:\Users\Schnider Family\Documents\DVDFab\Temp\FullDisc\UGLY_TRUTH\) started
                        18:21:37: Task_2 failed! Error=122

Comment

The logs are in a folder named DVDFab.
                          Look in Documents.

If you can't find it, just type it in at
                          Search programs and files
                          If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

You know how to whistle, don't you, Steve? You just put your lips together and... blow. | Lauren Bacall | "To Have and Have Not" (1944).

Comment

in WIndows 7 click start-documents-DVDFab-Logs and then post all the most recent logs available

Comment

FYI....
                              This problem was resolved via an international phone call - walk through.

Problem #1. Dirty source disc.

Problem #2. Very poor quality blank disc.

Problem #3. Burning speed too high for poor quality blank disc.

Problem #4. Extremely high frustration level.

Second international phone call to walk through setting up imgburn.

Comment

Working...
                              X