Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS: To see the stream where the actual forced subtitles are held, I always use DVDSubEdit to inspect the HDD Rip.
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

So , to rip withOUT the subs, (excpet for the forced ones) I'll have to recreate the PS3 profile in the generic setting?

Comment

After Signal's post yesterday, I obtained another copy of Avatar and it seems that they have revised the authoring here in Oz also.

The Na'avi speak is now hard rendered into the video stream, so you do not need to have any subtitle selected to obtain them.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

As indicated above, I would transcode it without ANY subtitles. No need to edit/play around with the profile.

Just make sure that you have no subtitles selected.

Originally posted by yannerd View Post
          So , to rip withOUT the subs, (excpet for the forced ones) I'll have to recreate the PS3 profile in the generic setting?

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            As indicated above, I would transcode it without ANY subtitles. No need to edit/play around with the profile.

Just make sure that you have no subtitles selected.
            I'll give that a try but i would think that the english subtitles for when the navii are speaking will not be displayed either.

Comment

That is what I have just said.

The Na'avi->English subtitles are not held as a subtitle stream. They are actually hard rendered into the video.

Try the first couple of chapters for a test and go to where Grace & Norm are talking Na'avi, about 10 minutes in.

Comment

Working...
              X