This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by awenthol View Post
    Except I'm an engineer, and in my world the saying is, "If it isn't broke, fix it!"

I upgraded to Windows 7 awhile ago. Aside from some minor headaches getting my graphics driver working, it was a simple install! It is freakin' awsome! I LOOOOVVEE Aero! Makes everything so much simpler!
    That's weird, because I too am an Engineer, well I was all my working Life, retired now.

We always used to say what GregiBoy said ''if it ain't broke, don't fix it''.

The LAST thing we would do was try to fix something that was working okay, that was in Aviation not Computers.

Comment

Originally posted by davidh View Post
      That's weird, because I too am an Engineer, well I was all my working Life, retired now.

We always used to say what GregiBoy said ''if it ain't broke, don't fix it''.

The LAST thing we would do was try to fix something that was working okay, that was in Aviation not Computers.
      I'm mechanical, not computer! I'm a dummy when it comes to computers...

In my fields we're always looking for efficiency...so reguardless of how well something is working, there's always room for improvement!

Comment

Maybe I didn't explain the anaolgy properly, I didn't know it was going to get this involved.

I was a Maintenance Engineer on Airliners all my working Life.

Obviously there are Engineers at places like Boeing and Airbus etc working to improve their products, as there would be at say Microsoft and the computer manufacturers etc.

However as a Maintenance Engineer we maintain the Aircraft to the manufacturers specifications and orders, like I do now by updating my computer with updates Microsoft tell me I NEED.

What we don't do is fiddle with, try to fix, any part of the Aircraft that is working as it should be and everyone is happy with, as this can prove to be very costly and even deadly to passengers.

Comment

Hi guys,

Windows 7 is more than what Vista should have been, it's where Microsoft needed to go. How much damage Vista did and whether Windows 7 is enough for people to finally abandon Windows XP are questions that nobody has the answers to right now.

Comment

Originally posted by mickyching View Post
            Hi guys,

Windows 7 is more than what Vista should have been, it's where Microsoft needed to go. How much damage Vista did and whether Windows 7 is enough for people to finally abandon Windows XP are questions that nobody has the answers to right now.
            That is what I cannot understand, I am quite happy with Vista.

Maybe it is just because I don't know any better.

Comment

I went Win7 Ult for the CableCard adapter option.

http://www.cetoncorp.com/ProductsWMC.php
              Last edited by soundping; 11-03-2009, 10:01 AM.
              Win7 Ult. 64bit

Comment

Windows 7 is pretty good and I do tech work.

Comment

Originally posted by mickyching View Post
                  Hi guys,

I disagree, this is what I was waiting for,and I think a lot of other people where thinking the same,I didn't go with vista, because it had problems right out of the gate, so I stayed with XP and I am glad I did, win 7 is the bee's knee's

Comment

Working...
                  X